Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:29 AM   #1
Best TOAD + Tower?

I'm just running some numbers and seeing if I can afford this...

My parents have a motorhome I will use from time to time... however, it is 4+ hours away so I would like to have a trailer at home for more frequent use.

Would like to trade in my 2007 Hyundai Entourage and get a vehicle that would...

- be towed 4 down behind Coachmen Pursuit when we take motorhome
- be able to tow a medium size trailer (not a 5er, just a TT)

What would you get - planning on getting USED... don't want to spend a lot of money on this...

wfcentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2014, 06:59 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club

RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
2005 Fleetwood Revolution
'12 Chevy 2500HD
'15 Airstream International Signature 27FB
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:49 AM   #3
Jeep grand Cherokee.
zman-az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:13 AM   #4
I found this chart here Truck and SUV Towing Capacity Charts that shows towing capacities for all vehicles (truck/suv).

What would really be super helpful is if I could cross reference these four data sets...

1. towing capacities
2. can be towed 4 down
3. average MPG
4. price range

Anyone know of such a tool?
2016 K-Z Vision V22BHS
2014 Dodge Ram 4x4
(w/HEMI, Tow Pkg, Husky WD Hitch and Sway Bar)
wfcentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:59 AM   #5
Newmar Owners Club
+1 on the Jeep Grand Cherokee. With the Hemi or Diesel it has over 7000lb of tow capacity.
2008 King Aire 4562, Spartan K3(GT) w/ Cummins ISX, Motosat HD-SL5 w/ SWM-8, Multiswitch, HR34 Genie
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L V8 Hemi w/ Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow Bar and baseplate, SMI Air Force One brake
FlyingDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 05:37 PM   #6
I had a Grand Cherokee before my present selection of vehicles and I would recommend one for your situation. Get a V8 and you will have the power to pull, a nice riding vehicle and a great one to tow behind the motorhome. Make sure it has a neutral on the transfer case and you will be good to go.

2001 34' Alpine Coach
2008 Jeep Rubicon or 2012 Ford F150 4x4 Lariat towds
or a couple of different trailers
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote

toad, tow