Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:57 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim&Paula View Post
Ready brute. Much cheaper with excellent performance
Agree on the Ready Brute. Tow bar and integrated brake system. Works well, good value.

Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2014, 06:58 PM   #16

+1 for ReadyBrute Elite. No electronics, low cost / maintaince, easy to install, no big box to install in car for brake system.

QUOTE=Davdeb1;1921037]What are you towing? A inexpensive effective choice for towing up to 8000lbs is the Ready Brute elite. A tow bar with a built in surge brake for about 900, add 3-400 for a face plate and about 5-600 for install. You can't get a good system for less than that unless you buy it used.[/QUOTE]

Old 02-14-2014, 09:13 PM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yep, another fan of the ReadyBrute Elite!
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:45 PM   #18

wow, lots of Readybrute love here...
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:23 AM   #19

The first I had heard of Ready Brake/Ready Brute was from reading this thread... So I did a little research. Had I not already purchased a Blue Ox Alpha and a Brake Buddy Vantage Select, I would have strongly considered the Ready Brute Elite. After doing some price comparisons however, I actually have a little less invested in the Blue Ox/Brake Buddy than I would have in the Ready Brute Elite. The cheapest I could find the ready Brute was $1050. Add the clevis $38 x2, and the break away kit $85, for a total of $1211. The Blue Ox Alpha cost me $539 and the Brake Buddy $650 for a total of $1189.
The bottom line: The Ready Brute Elite may well be a superior system (I don't Know), just not the cheapest, at least not in my case.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:34 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by raoulwv View Post
The first I had heard of Ready Brake/Ready Brute was from reading this thread... So I did a little research. Had I not already purchased a Blue Ox Alpha and a Brake Buddy Vantage Select, I would have strongly considered the Ready Brute Elite. After doing some price comparisons however, I actually have a little less invested in the Blue Ox/Brake Buddy than I would have in the Ready Brute Elite. The cheapest I could find the ready Brute was $1050. Add the clevis $38 x2, and the break away kit $85, for a total of $1211. The Blue Ox Alpha cost me $539 and the Brake Buddy $650 for a total of $1189.
The bottom line: The Ready Brute Elite may well be a superior system (I don't Know), just not the cheapest, at least not in my case.
When I purchased it I got the Clevis , and breakaway kit included with the ready brute elite. Adventure RV. $900. I know prices went up. The biggest reason for purchase was the ease of use. When you hook up hitch the brake is automatically hooked up. It also requires no power from battery.
The simplicity and ease of use was my reason for the recommendation.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:42 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by raoulwv View Post
Wow, the Brake Buddy advantage was a great deal at $650. Brake Buddy wants $1350 for them
I also stand corrected about breakaway system. I think mine only has the safety cables with it. I felt that was sufficient.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:03 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
When I purchased it I got the Clevis , and breakaway kit included with the ready brute elite. Adventure RV. $900. I know prices went up. The biggest reason for purchase was the ease of use. When you hook up hitch the brake is automatically hooked up. It also requires no power from battery.
The simplicity and ease of use was my reason for the recommendation.
Point well taken and exactly why I would have considered it. Actually, I probably would have still gotten the Blue Ox tow bar (don't need an 8000 lb. bar for my Focus) and just purchased the Ready Brake and break-away for $485. That, the tow bar and base plate would have been a total of $1374 as opposed to $1539 with the Brake Buddy.
raoulwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Wow, the Brake Buddy advantage was a great deal at $650. Brake Buddy wants $1350 for them
I also stand corrected about breakaway system. I think mine only has the safety cables with it. I felt that was sufficient.

I'm not sure that price is available to new customers. I had sent my 12 yr. old BB to the factory for repair and was offered the Vantage Select as an upgrade.

I'm not certain, but isn't a break away system required by law?
raoulwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:51 PM   #24

Alpine Owners Club
We went all Roadmaster components: Invisibrake, Sterling All Terrain and Fuse Master. Our friends say that Roadmaster comes by and cleans and inspects your tow bar at rallies and leaves you a note if anything needs attention. The best part of the Sterling All Terrain is the release levers never bind. You don't have to fight them to get them to release if the coach or toad are not level or straight.
2006 Alpine Apex M-40FDQS #75594
2014 Honda CRV w/navi
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:00 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
RV Fun Products has the Ready Brute Elite for $975 (RB9050). HOWEVER... I would not go through them, based on experience... you can call Adventure RV and they will price match the other guys. BTW... Adventure RV will include shipping and the clevis at that price ($975) too. They are great to work with. Ordered mine on Monday and should be here in NY today when I get home.
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:10 AM   #26

Thank you everyone for your help, it has been much appreciated. In fact if you hadn't helped us out we probably would have gone with something that was inching toward $3500!! Too much for us weekenders and two week vacationers! So with all the suggestions and our research complete we decided to go with........... ReadyBrute!!! We just couldn't find anything negative from users and the cost was significantly less than ones like the M & G which was our original suggested system. We found a place in Mesa AZ for around $2050.00 complete; that's base plate, tow bar, brake system, tax and tip!! Thank you again!! See you on the road.... with our toad! Haha!
Old 02-22-2014, 08:51 AM   #27

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think you'll be happy with your decision. We like our setup a lot and are happy with how easy it is to attach and separate our toad with the motorhome, and the brake works great as we are going down the road. Which base plate did you decide to go with?
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:26 PM   #28

Well, everyone I'm sure you've been waiting for my update, lol! So we decided on the ReadyBrute Elite, thanks to the many suggestions! We did a lot of research and Craigslist and camping world shopping and this ended up the best for our needs. We had it I installed this weekend. Out the door price was $2,000. We got a bit of a break due to another family member had the same system installed at the same time. So far we were able to unhook it with no problem and it was great on the ride home!! Ready for our next outing in a couple weeks!!! Next up.... The TV antenna!!! Think were going with the Jack. I only want few tv stations. No satellite needed!! After all, I am the Stargazer not the tv watcher!