i have been towing honda fit for past 2.5 years, with towed mileage about 14kmi, no issues.
- easy set up and easy tow
- roomy especially the cargo area - bigger than it appears
- great gas mileage @36-42 mpg
- light yet sturdy; no float feeling in a side-wind (opposite to toyota corolla and camry)
- for its light weight, i don't see that aux brake really makes a difference. but follow the laws.
- too low from ground
- road noise, a common problem in honda's
- probably unsafe in the event of accident - be defensive on road
procedure: (see your user manual, too)
- start engine
- go through each position with 1 minute run if it's a cold start
- stop at "D" drive
- move to "N" drive, let engine run for 3 minutes
(normally this is the time i put on hand brake and go out to set up tow bar/signal etc. in 3 minutes i normally get things done)
- back in car, release hand brake, turn key to acc position (now the key is locked in, you can't pull it out)
- come out, done.
- repeat above steps after 8 hours
i use roadmaster falcon all terrain towbar. bought a signal cable kit from etrailer.com and made a connector with a charge line.
overall i am happy with it.
(note - fit is a small car vs crv, latter has an appealing style, looking cooler. if you intend to drive this car as your daily driver when not on the road, crv might be more adequate, as you don't want to be mistaken as a college kid. for me i care less how other people are looking at me
and i do have other cars at home that i normally drive).