Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Smile Blu Ox Base Plate & 2014 Jeep Wrangler

I have my Base Install almost, but now I have two air craft cables that go around the base plate cross bar and the jeep cross bar. But the Jeep plastic under engine plate is in the way, I did cut slots in it for base plate, but if I cut any more the plastic plate will lose all support.

Any help will be appreciated.

Bob

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2014, 07:33 PM   #2
doc

Appalachian Campers
I will be truthful here. My two are stacked with the other junk in the car port. If the Loctite and those hard bolts come lose I am a loser anyway. I have other cables that go from the MH to the toad for security.
As an aside, does you 12volt plug on the dash stay hot when the key is off? I need 12 volts for the BB but when I turn the switch off the 12 volt goes off also. Mine is a '13 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:56 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
The plug in the back stays hot with the key off.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:28 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
I haven't tried my Patriot brake, (have tested the set up), it has a internal battery and may be feeding back to the plug?

I have a extra 12 Volt car battery which I place in the front of my passenger seat so I won't deplete the jeep battery.

I guess I will leave of the safety cables, I agree if the bolts break on the base plate, I'll be on deep ****. I will still have the Safety cables from the MH to toad plus the Breakaway cable to stop the toad.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velroc View Post
I haven't tried my Patriot brake, (have tested the set up), it has a internal battery and may be feeding back to the plug?

I have a extra 12 Volt car battery which I place in the front of my passenger seat so I won't deplete the jeep battery.

I guess I will leave of the safety cables, I agree if the bolts break on the base plate, I'll be on deep ****. I will still have the Safety cables from the MH to toad plus the Breakaway cable to stop the toad.
Bob, I plug my Patriot into the 12V receptacle that is inside the console compartment. It is live all the time.
Towing 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
corvettec3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:01 PM   #6

The one in the arm rest stays hot on my '12.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:18 AM   #7

I just did this install.

I looped them over the frame and one side behind the cross brace under the motor. Then you connect them with the quick link to the rear of the base plate. Blue Ox puts a hole/cut out where you attach them. Don't forget to Loctite the quick link too. You should not have to cut the plastic cover to install the cables---at all.

The pics in the instructions are terrible. And who said this was a quick install??? Took me about 5hrs total, though I could probably do it in 3-4hrs now.

Oh, I threw some zip ties on the cable and quick link to keep them from rattling around. I hate rattles.