Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:05 PM   #15
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"FIRE UP".....I'm a little disappointed! How come you didn't order new decals?

Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2015, 12:13 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statgeek View Post
Fireup--I have to agree with you my friend. I have also experienced some pretty horrible service at my RV dealerships--so that now if I need service I reluctantly schedule it at a shop that is over 5h from home. If I have something SERIOUS to address, I guess I will make the trip to Decatur and have the Fleetwood techs handle it. I know they are fantastic and all, but my rant was just lamenting that the RV industry somehow evolved to a situation where local dealerships are completely unregulated, and that seems to be ok with the manufacturers.

Statgeek,
We've all been there, up against bad or, non-capable dealerships or, repair centers. I myself, and many other folks out there that own what's known as the "Honda GL 1800 Goldwing", are in the same boat. This is Honda's flag ship motorcycle. In many cases, that bike, out the door, will run right close to $23,000 to $25,000 dollars. That's a substantial amount of money for one to pay for a motorcycle.

And when folks pay that much for that kind of machine, you'd expect some quality repairs etc. if and when, any type of warranty should crop up, especially since it's a HONDA and, Honda's a pretty big name.

Well, that's just not the case. I've had contact with Wing owners from all over the country and, in all reality, there's very, very few dealerships and or techs that can actually work on a Goldwing and get it right. And, like you've lamented to, you'd think that Honda would really care about this situation since we pay so much for these machines, that they'd put some effort into training there techs and, make sure that there's plenty of them in strategic places around the country.

That too is not the case. There are reports of incompetent techs at many, many dealerships all over and, HONDA doesn't seem to care. It's quite different with their cars, they do well with those but, on the motorcycle side, not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
"FIRE UP".....I'm a little disappointed! How come you didn't order new decals?
Don, laughing quite extensively, If I could have picked them up where I purchased the shim kit, I would have. But, since those are not available locally, I wasn't going to bother looking them up and ordering them. Besides, I can customize my own and make them "snazzy" if I choose.
Scott

FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:09 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
... Besides, I can customize my own and make them "snazzy" if I choose.
Scott
"Blue-Fire" sounds like a neat name for a hybrid BlueOx/FireUp?
Old 06-10-2015, 05:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statgeek View Post
"Blue-Fire" sounds like a neat name for a hybrid BlueOx/FireUp?
Hey, not a bad thought at all Partner. I just might have to think about that one.
Scott

FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue ox, refurbish