Blue Ox Base plate install pictures (2014 Trailhawk)
This is my change to give something back to the forum. I just finished installing the base plates on our 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk.
I found the pictures that came with the kit were not as good as they could have been. It took me about an hour to remove what they call the facia.
this is the entire front body panel which includes head and fog lights, grill and bumper. I actually had to remove/install this piece 3 times because I forgot the safety cables, and then on the last try the safety cable links prevented the fascia from lining up properly. Here are some helpful notes and pictures.
1. Be caregul, there is a mix of metric and US threaded bolts on the tow hook hardware.
2. One bolt on each side is reached by pulling back the wheel well liner.
3. Be sure to unplug the wiring harness on the driver side (behind the front of the wheel liner.
4. Pay attention to the 5 bolts on either side of the radiator. there are two types.
5. When installing the safety cables, keep the connector link high like in my picture. Otherwise it interferes with the fascia and the bottom bolts next to the skip plates won't align.
I also installed the connectors for a SMI Air Force One braking system. The control box is zip-tied behind the bumper sheet metal. There are some spaces to get the connectors down into the grill area. After you put the fascia back, you can cut out the grill where needed with side cutters.
Great system (Blue Ox & AF1).
2014 40QBH Phaeton DP Cummins 380HP ISL, Freightliner XC, 2014 Jeep Trailhawk TOAD
Blue Ox Aventa tow bar, SMI Air Force One -South Orange County Ca.