Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2014, 04:34 PM   #1

Blue Ox Brake Safe towed brake?

Is anyone using this air brake setup or has anyone tried it?
Thanks, Bob
wclogger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2014, 04:11 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclogger1 View Post
Is anyone using this air brake setup or has anyone tried it?
Thanks, Bob
Looks like something that has to be removed each time the vehicle is finished towing.

Have you looked into M & G Engineering's brake product? M & G Engineering - Car Braking Systems: Home Page

This very elegant solution places a small device in-between your power brake booster and the master cylinder in the engine compartment. It is connected to your RV's brakes when you tow, and does not interfere in any way with the brakes when not towing. The brake pedal does not depress when the RV brakes, so no relay is required to keep the car's brake lights from interfering with the RV's brake and turn signals. A breakaway kit is available and the retail price of the base system is $640, one of the lowest prices on the market. I've put my hands on this at the dealer and it is much more rugged and a more solid install than some of the other permanent solutions.

I love the fact that you only have to disconnect the hose from the RV and you're ready to drive away...no fuss.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tricotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:29 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I love my M & G brake system!! Did much research and decided on that system due to ease of use each time hooked up or removed. Just one air hose and a breakaway cable is all that is needed. They have a compatibility chart on the web site for the cars it works on. 10,000 miles and works great, and is easy on toad brakes.

Good Luck

Dave
Old 01-30-2014, 01:52 PM   #4

Thanks for the tips and link, according to the website they do not have this kit for my vehicle.
Air force one has one that will work so I may give it a try.
Bob
wclogger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wclogger1 View Post
Thanks for the tips and link, according to the website they do not have this kit for my vehicle.
Air force one has one that will work so I may give it a try.
Bob
If you are interested, All Hitches by Dr. Hook in Pentiction is a dealer for the M&G product. I had Jason install the Baseplate and do all the wiring on my Honda CRV and was Very Impressed with their workmanship. They don't have a website as far as I know but their phone is (250) 490-8815.

Tags
blue ox, brake