Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:14 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Blue Ox--Good Dealer Great Service

I just want to give some KUDOS to Blue Ox and one of their dealers. I bought a motorhome recently and it came with a Blue Ox tow bar and much of the associated parts. I only needed a base plate and wiring kit for my 2009 Scion xB.
I looked it up the installation on line and saw that it was not a simple bolt on for my car as it required removal of the front fascia and some cutting with a power saw, so I quickly decided it was a job for the professionals.
I contacted Blue ox by email and they referred me to their dealer in my area (Hitch and Weld of Naples, Naples FL). They are also the only dealer in the area without going to the East coast or up to Ft. Meyers so I was a little leery I was just getting a name. I also bought my base plate and wiring kit at the recent Tampa RV show from the Blue Ox exhibitor booth--it was discounted and included free shipping to my home. I was wondering if the local dealer wasn't going to be too happy I was bringing my own parts.
Needless to say they were very pleasant to work with and very professional. Hitch and Weld of Naples is a Man, wife and son business that has been around a long time. Not only is the installation job very professional looking it was much cheaper than the quotes I got from some places in the Tampa area (almost 50% less in one instance) and it is the labor charges. The owner dealt with me and he was very helpful telling me to call him any time if I have any questions.

So, if you are in south FL or close enough you want to see Naples or lay on the beach when you are having some work done, I think you will find the drive for your anything towing, trailer or hitch needs well worth the drive. If you live near here, this is a good company to do business with!

Tetonchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2015, 08:10 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Is you xB a standard? My '04 xA was automatic and could not be towed 4 down. After about 9 years of tow dolly dragging I bit the bullet and replaced the xA with a 2014 CR-V. One of my better moves.

Blue Ox has great product. I am a big fan.

Rick Y

Rick & Melissa Young & Dawson, 2011 Itasca Meridian 40U, Freightliner XCL, Cummins ISL 380HP/DEF, Allison 3000 MH, 2014 Honda CR-V, SMI AF1, Blue Ox tow equip., TST 507 TPMS, TruCenter steering control, Hughes auto transformer.
Servants On Wheels Ever Ready. Best job we ever paid to do . (full time volunteers)
jerichorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:06 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Is you xB a standard? My '04 xA was automatic and could not be towed 4 down. After about 9 years of tow dolly dragging I bit the bullet and replaced the xA with a 2014 CR-V. One of my better moves.

Blue Ox has great product. I am a big fan.

Rick Y
Yes I have a manual trans. The guy I bought the motorhome form had a CRV but U couldn't afford it too.
Tetonchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:31 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetonchief View Post
Yes I have a manual trans. The guy I bought the motorhome form had a CRV but U couldn't afford it too.
My Scion was rock solid for all the time I had it. The only trouble I had was with the back wheel bearings failing. The spindle assembly is replaceable and not expensive if after market product is used. It is great that you can tow 4 down. Moving in any weather is much easier.

Happy trails with your setup. I hope you have many years of happy camping.

Rick Y
Rick & Melissa Young & Dawson, 2011 Itasca Meridian 40U, Freightliner XCL, Cummins ISL 380HP/DEF, Allison 3000 MH, 2014 Honda CR-V, SMI AF1, Blue Ox tow equip., TST 507 TPMS, TruCenter steering control, Hughes auto transformer.
Servants On Wheels Ever Ready. Best job we ever paid to do . (full time volunteers)
Old 02-17-2015, 07:38 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I put the blue ox base plate on my 2008 HHR MG ..... thanks God my brother has shop , car lift and a plasma cuter and still took 3 hours to install !
Old 02-18-2015, 05:50 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
CR-V is all push pins for the grill removal, a few screws and a bit of tugging to get the bumper cover off. Than remove the bumper frame and bolt the base plate on. Everything goes back as original except the bumper and a couple of non-cosmetic plastic parts. The hardest problem was the grill. The Blue Ox instructions were wrong making a simple removal a major problem. Too bad the 2015's are not RV friendly. Blue Ox products are rock solid.

Rick Y

Tags
blue ox, dealer, service