Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Blue Ox LED Tail Light Wiring Kit for JK

Has anyone installed the Blue OX clear LED tail light wiring kit on a Jeep Wrangler JK? How is the brightness, I read a review on Amazon that they were too dim?

grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
Has anyone installed the Blue OX clear LED tail light wiring kit on a Jeep Wrangler JK? How is the brightness, I read a review on Amazon that they were too dim?
I am going to order the tm781124 wiring kit from etrailer for my 2012 Jeep Wrangler. Comes with plugs. Looks very easy to hook up.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
JK tow lights

While I agree simple is generally good I'll give you the downside to "aux" bulb lighting systems vs the CoolTech or the Mopar wiring harness for the JK. I have the CoolTech harness on my 2012 JK and the nice thing about the harness kits is ALL the Jeep running lights are on at night when towed which they would not be in a LED or secondary bulb system. That is kind of handy when towing a 12 ft Jeep behind a MH when viewed from the side at night. The other feature is I have a small 12v led lamp in my MH wired to the brake light switch and when I press the MH brake the toad braking system activates (RoadMaster Brakemaster air brake cylinder) I immediately see the feedback that the toad brakes work in the MH.

IMHO
2016 Ford Edge toad
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
hogdriver, Thanks I forgot about the marker lights not coming on. I have always used diodes and hard wired.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #5

I attempted to install a blue ox red led light kit. I could not get them to work right. I spent a lot of time chasing my tail with blue ox tech support. I finally got the tech to send me incandesant bulbs and sockets, I hooked them up and they worked just like they were supposed to. The red led kit was not very bright at all, very hard to see in daylight.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:24 AM   #6

I use auxillary 1157 bases in my stock lights and 1157 LED bulbs w/102 3528 LED's . These bulbs are at least as bright as the std. tail lights if not brighter. No front side marker lights, but the rear ones light via the aux. lights.

Tags
wiring