Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Blue OX Patriot

Thinking about the Blue OX Patriot braking system, anyone have any comments on this unit? How do these units work without the power brakes, with brute force?

Sunny South Carolina
2004 Pace Arrow 37-C WH W-22
Pete & Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2011, 08:32 AM   #2
I have a patriot braking system that I have used on several trips for a total of about 1500 miles. So far the system has performed flawlessly. The actuator uses electrical power as opposed to air pressure so the braking is more proportional. The sensitivity is controlled by a wireless contoller located in the motor home and the adjustment range is from 0-9. I use the system in a Jeep Wrangler and the seat adjustment handle protrudes so I took a small piece of plywood and I cut a "pocket" in it so that the protruding adjustment handle doesn't hit the patriot. I place it between the patriot and the front of the seat. This keeps the patriot from hitting the seat adjustment and pushing the seat back when initializing and it allows the setup process to complete without showing a setup failure message.

I am completely satisfied with the system and faced with the same circumstances I would definitely purchase it again.

Dave and Derita
2007 Winnebago Adventurer 38J - 2014 Honda CR-V in tow- Banks PowerPack
DavidC1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
Workhorse Chassis Owner
had good results from ours..like the in coach wireless remote and the fact it doesn't draw anywhere near the juice that the air pump brake systems do from the toad...shop around though-prices vary...
2011 Ford F250 Lariat C/C 6.7 PSD-Curt 20k Lb Hitch
2013 Infinity 3860MS 5'er
2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara/U.S. Navy 1978-1986
txdutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #4
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I do not like the "System in a box" things.. They advertise "no installation needed" but the fact is you have to install it EVERY time you tow, and remove it to drive.

It's way to easy on a short run, say to the dealer, to regret saying "Oh it's too much trouble"

US gear or M&G, much better, fully transparant, once installed you never remove them.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote