Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by benge1 View Post
Things must be changing at Blue Ox. My tow bar crapped out the pin locking the leg has failed. I called the factory to see what could be done to repair the locking device. The first person I talked to advised me to throw the tow bar away because it was at least 10 years old. Then I mentioned the lifetime guarantee mention in their product literature. Thats the product Lifetime not my Lifetime. To say the least I am not a Newby, I have been on the road since 99 and have had many expierences with several M/H Mfgs and Accessory Mfg. and never had a situation such as this. Does anyone out there know how to repair the locking device on a Aventa II Tow Bar. the second person that I talked to advised that if I could not get it fixed locally that they could take a look at the problem. Just does not sound like the company you guys are bragging about????
I just serviced my Aventa II tow bar (BX7335). You can get to the locking handle bolt by pulling the square plastic cap's at both ends of the housing the locking lever protrude from. Pull the plastic caps and you can see the device. All that happends is the the locking handle bolt drops behind the inner leg to hold fully extended. I have my original owners paperwork, including manual that has the parts diagram. I can't find anything in my paperwork that offers a "lifetime" warrenty. I have had to service my Aventa II a few times, mostly cleaning and lubricating the legs and latch assembly's as well as making sure the fastners are torqued.

FWIW last week, Blue Ox spent a great deal of time on the phone and via email working with me to get a base plate installed onto my 2012 Jeep Liberty.

Mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I give high praise to BLUE OX as well.. Had a problem with my tow bar, it bent and broke in fact when the tow pin came out of the receiver and dropped the towed, tow bar and all, Oh, the safety cables..... held.

I told them what happened. They send me a brand new tow bar, Return postage for the old one and said "We will conduct an investigation and if it's our fault pay the damage"

Well, I knew it was not their fault, I believe (though I can not prove) I know exactly what happened (And no it was not vandals either, complete freek accident).

I might add. after investigation (they looked at the same evidence I saw) they agreed with me. Not their fault, clean break.

Still, kind of nice of 'em to give me a new un.

As for the factory campground.

Nice little one isn't it. been there.. Just make sure the wind is in the right direction though. (Nearby big time stockyard).
Old 02-20-2012, 07:44 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will let the scan speak for itself. The two names are customer reps. Call them and ask them what they said. Look at the last sentence for Warranty statement. (The beginning writing was from a previous transaction.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan0005.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	265.0 KB
ID:	18067  
benge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #18

Not to defend any company but.... An undated scan may not help you much. Company policies do change. Can you match a date on the brochure to your purchase date? If so you are home free....
ottffss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks guys:

you just made up my mind I will be buying a blue ox
Old 02-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottffss View Post
Not to defend any company but.... An undated scan may not help you much. Company policies do change. Can you match a date on the brochure to your purchase date? If so you are home free....
You lost me now. The date on the Brochure is 02/2004. I don't have a sales receipt, but Blue Ox does have my name in their database, probably when I registered the product. Do you know what the current policy is?
Old 02-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #21

Quote:
You lost me now. ....
Sorry. I didn't see the date in your scan above!

I don't know the current policy...
ottffss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #22

JMHO, but sounds like the companies that make Norcold and Dometic refrigerators could take a clue from Blue Ox and the makers of FanTastic Fans. It's really nice that Blue Ox and FanTastic stand behind their products. Of course, when you produce products that are prone to problems and recalls, I guess you can't afford to do that ....
danandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:33 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Tow bar in route to Blue Ox. The spring was broken in the locking mechanism and they have a special tool to replace the spring. They will fix.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:23 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Tow bar in route to Blue Ox. The spring was broken in the locking mechanism and they have a special tool to replace the spring. They will fix.
Glad it worked out for you.