Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:50 AM   #1

Blue Ox repairs,WOW

Just left Pender Ne.,home of Blue Ox. They completely rebuilt my tow bar,including a new swivel and all the bells and whisles. Also spent three days at their campground,not because of them,my sch. My tow bar is close to 4 years old and for all of the above, no charge. WOW, someone in the R.V. industry that stands behind its produce,no questions asked. Even outside of warranty. Way to go Blue Ox!!!!

Barski is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

By all reports they have always had great service. I'm a big fan.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:02 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Our Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #4

Blue-Ox rocks. The service at HQ in Pender is superb. Their CG is equally nice. Hopefully you asked for a plant tour - interesting fabrication (not just towing stuff) and their base-plate mockup garage always has something interesting in it being torn apart (I got to see a Smart Car being dismantled to design base plates for it).

Even more importantly hopefully you paid a visit to Schrieb's Bar in "downtown." Doug Schrieb is a hoot, he likes to experiment with his chef-ing (ever heard of Smoked Prime Rib?), and his joint with all the locals is a lot of fun.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barski View Post
Just left Pender Ne.,home of Blue Ox. They completely rebuilt my tow bar,including a new swivel and all the bells and whisles. Also spent three days at their campground,not because of them,my sch. My tow bar is close to 4 years old and for all of the above, no charge. WOW, someone in the R.V. industry that stands behind its produce,no questions asked. Even outside of warranty. Way to go Blue Ox!!!!
Thank you for the positive update, they are nice to know about.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That is a nice little campground isn't it.. Spent a few nights there myself back in '06.

Just be glad the wind is from the right direction though.. When it turns around you are downwind of a stockyard.. Does not bother me.. bothers wife though and she bothers me. Still.. Nice little campground.

There are many stories about Blue-Ox customer support here... All agree 1st rate.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #7

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
RoadMaster does the same although I don't think they have hookups at their factory.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Catch Blue OX at a rally and they do the same rebuild for $25. Best $25 I've spent in a long time.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #9
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Blue Ox supported our 2011 iRV2 National Rally with a sales and training team and a mobile tech. Just about every Blue Ox owner took Blue Ox up on their $25.00 service call offer. Many of us received services way beyond the $25.00 that it cost us for the service call and speaking for the majority of the attendees at the rally I say, "Thank You BLUE OX for your outstanding support and professionalism."

Blue Ox took about 200 sq/feet of floor space and setup their BIG show display for us so that everyone could see all the products. The Blue Ox Team had everything in stock as far as I can tell and everyone was pleased that Blue Ox came to "our" rally.

Blue Ox also donated a $400.00 gift certificate which was awarded as one of our "Grand Prizes." The winner was ecstatic because they were just going to make a large purchase from Blue Ox the very next day.

Blue Ox will be invited to attend the 2012 iRV2.com National Rally which will be held in Sevierville, TN come next September.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #10

Blue ox rocks

they did even better for me than they did the OP
Old 11-09-2011, 06:31 PM   #11

Nor'easters Club
I agree, they serviced my tow bar in vt this summer...now I am waiting for a base plate to be made available for my 12 Lincoln MKX HYBRID
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #12
Commercial Member

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
I agree, they serviced my tow bar in vt this summer...now I am waiting for a base plate to be made available for my 12 Lincoln MKX HYBRID
Take the Lincoln too them and they'll build you some base plates for free. Check to make sure they don't have one in the shop first.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #13

Nor'easters Club
Great idea...but a little far from CAPE COD!!! Thanks...
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barski View Post
Things must be changing at Blue Ox. My tow bar crapped out the pin locking the leg has failed. I called the factory to see what could be done to repair the locking device. The first person I talked to advised me to throw the tow bar away because it was at least 10 years old. Then I mentioned the lifetime guarantee mention in their product literature. Thats the product Lifetime not my Lifetime. To say the least I am not a Newby, I have been on the road since 99 and have had many expierences with several M/H Mfgs and Accessory Mfg. and never had a situation such as this. Does anyone out there know how to repair the locking device on a Aventa II Tow Bar. the second person that I talked to advised that if I could not get it fixed locally that they could take a look at the problem. Just does not sound like the company you guys are bragging about????