Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:59 AM   #15
Never back up and never use on dirt roads. I expect it's a design flaw as they changed materials on the new models

Tiffin RED 34
deasnealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2016, 07:10 AM   #16
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
This is kind of dependent on how you feel about your tow bar.. If you are willing to trust it for a few more months.. There is a a little town in Nebraska named Pender.. There is a factory in Pender. The road entering the factory is , as I call, on the east side of the building but on the north side (Cross road) is a nice little campground.

Plan on spending a week night or 3 there.. And during business hours hike over to the factory and chat with the good folks who MAKE Blue-ox Products... They can most likely fix it
fyi--- The team at the Tampa show was from the Pender Factory... the guy that worked on my bar was heading back to Pender after the show, some of the others were heading to the next show.

2013 DS 4338
2015 F-150 toad with kayaks,bicycles and a Harley in the back
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:18 AM   #17
Update from Blue OX Aladdin Failure

I just wanted to follow up and thank everyone for the comments. i did reach out to Roxanne Simonsen head of customer service at Blue OX. Her explanation of the change in Aladdin manufacturing design in 2010 was to reduce parts costs and not as a result of a recall, poor design or safety issues.

She did not offer me anything credit and said they just wear out. Well I decided that based upon what others have received as compensation from Blue OX, I would be better off buying the Aventa LX all steel model for the same price at Amazon. I would pay less than buying from Blue Ox with a $500 credit with no shipping or tax cost.

If you have the Aladdin Tow bar that is past the warranty or close to it, have it inspected for failure. My guess is that Blue OX is walking a fine line to avoid any legal liability and willing to not support their product past the 3 year warranty. Just keep this issue in mind as you contemplate purchase. As my is car already is set up for Blue OX I was forced to buy from them again. I will consider others next time and no longer recommend Blue Ox or at least not the Aladdin aluminum model.

Thanks again for all your input.
Tiffin RED 34
deasnealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:29 AM   #18
Fleetwood Owners Club
As my is car already is set up for Blue OX I was forced to buy from them again.
I use a Roadmaster(7 years old) tow bar on a Blue OX base plate with no problem.
I was not forced to buy a Blue Ox tow bar.

99 Discovery 34Q ISB
2014 MKS AWD EcoBoost Toad
Fulltime Since "99"
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote

blue ox, purchase, tow