Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-08-2008, 03:19 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Comments and opinions on the subject.

Got rear ended this afternoon on I 295 outside of Jacksonville, FL. Back of the toad is bent but driveable. The Blue Ox Alladin took the brunt of the push and now looks like a bow tie, had to pull the hitch out of the receiver on the MoHo to get it off. Overnighting at Camping World, St. Augustine so no problem there. CW handles and installs Roadmaster products so we may have to go that route rather than a new Alladin from Blue Ox. Need to get the base plate bolts, etc. checked out for safety so mit may end up all new anyway. Just looking for any input on Roadmaster, always used Blue Ox in the past. Thanks, Mike

lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2008, 03:19 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Comments and opinions on the subject.

Got rear ended this afternoon on I 295 outside of Jacksonville, FL. Back of the toad is bent but driveable. The Blue Ox Alladin took the brunt of the push and now looks like a bow tie, had to pull the hitch out of the receiver on the MoHo to get it off. Overnighting at Camping World, St. Augustine so no problem there. CW handles and installs Roadmaster products so we may have to go that route rather than a new Alladin from Blue Ox. Need to get the base plate bolts, etc. checked out for safety so mit may end up all new anyway. Just looking for any input on Roadmaster, always used Blue Ox in the past. Thanks, Mike

Old 06-08-2008, 03:50 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
MIKE,
Sorry to hear about your problems. I have to say I think Roadmaster is comparable to Blue Ox. Make sure you get either the sterling or all terrain, tow bars.

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:52 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have used Roadmaster for about 7 years, on two RV's with no problems. They are a good Company.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:24 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
lthrnk;

A also am sorry to hear about being rear ended. Apparently you were not hurt and that is a good thing. I have used Roadmaster tow bars on 3 motor homes with good results. I presently have a Sterling and I am happy with it.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Thanks all for the replies. We will probably go with the Roadmaster and get back on the road tomorrow.

I will try and post some pictures of the tow bar in the near future.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:46 PM   #7

When I have had problems with my Blue Ox equipment I have called the company and they have told me of dealers in the area. You may want to call Blue Ox and ask if they have a dealer nearby that can help you get a new tow bar.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:32 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
I'm using a Roadmaster Falcon 2 (6000 lb) tow bar with blue ox knuckles. While not a lot of expierence yet, the setup seems fine.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:03 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Back on the road at 10AM this morning. CW couldn't promise to get us done before 5PM so I called Suncoast RV in Jacksonville. They said come on in and we'll fix you up, but we don't have an Alladin but do have an Adventa tow bar. Got there and was loking around the store and found a Blue Ox display with a brand new Alladin on it. Convinced a great parts man to sell me the display piece, but at a discount because it was dusty. He hemmed and hawed on the price and wanted $300.00. We got it for $200.00 plus tax, out the door. You gotta love a deal.