Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-25-2016, 03:29 PM   #1

BlueOx Autostop Install

How have people run the wiring for the brake indicator from the toad to the RV? I'm trying to figure out what kind of connection I need on the toad and then on the RV for the wire. I would like to to be plug and play like the rest of the system.

Thanks!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2016, 11:06 PM   #2

Blue Ox autoStop installation instructions have the answer. The downside, when you are descending a long grade, your towed brakes will be on constantly =brake overheating.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:06 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Smile Blue Ox Brake

I use a Blue Ox BRK2012 Patriot Portable Brake System. It has a wireless brake indicator that sits on the dash. ( maybe a option) That's one Blue Ox product that i have had no problem with.

Bob in Ohio
Old 09-02-2016, 05:46 PM   #4

We use the Ready Brake system in our toad which operates the same way as the Autostop. I too worried about going down hills and having the brakes on. To monitor when the brakes are actually on, I added an additional brake light switch on the brake pedal of the toad and wired it to an led in the MH dash. I am happy to say that "so far" the brakes have not come on going down long grades unless the MH brakes are applied. This includes traveling the West Virginia Turnpike (I77), I75 thru TN, and the Smokies.

John
Old 09-02-2016, 05:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velroc View Post
I use a Blue Ox BRK2012 Patriot Portable Brake System. It has a wireless brake indicator that sits on the dash. ( maybe a option) That's one Blue Ox product that i have had no problem with.

Bob in Ohio
I agree on the Patriot. I had considered the Autostop (price of course) but after looking at it closer I decided to go with the Patriot for its proportional braking capability. I have used it for over five years and lots of mountain roads. It works as advertised. Very happy and would go the same route again should the need arise.

Tags
install