Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2012, 01:08 AM   #1

Brake Buddy Emergency cable

I just purchased a Brake Buddy Classic system. I believe it is a classic but not 100% sure. It is missing the emergency cable. Can some one tell me if I can make one?
Waggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
I just purchased a Brake Buddy Classic system. I believe it is a classic but not 100% sure. It is missing the emergency cable. Can some one tell me if I can make one?
Assuming your BrakeBuddy has the jack or connector for the break-away feature then, yes, the cable is a simple thing to arrange.

But first you need a switch which is typically mounted near the front bumper of the toad. The switch is designed for this use in that it has a plunger that is connected via a mechanical, non-electrical cable to the coach. So if the toad comes loose from the coach the plunger is pulled out of the switch which allows contacts to close. There is a two-conductor cable that goes from the above mentioned switch to the BrakeBuddy unit itself. Go to BrakeBuddy's web site for manuals and a product support contact.

BrakeBuddy.COM

I had a BrakeBuddy Vantage and liked it. The main disadvantage was what to do with it when not in use.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
I'd suggest you call brake buddy - this is from the BB website.
Do you have a question?

If you have a question or would like to give your feedback, please don't hesitate to contact us. Our Customer Service Representatives are eager to help you.
Call the braking experts at 1-800-470-2287.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #4

Any standard breakaway switch and cable will work just fine. Just add the proper connectors (mine uses a banana plug) to the BB end.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Where on this forum do I go to post the sale of a complete Brake Buddy system??? I've looked all over and can't find a classified section...
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:29 PM   #6

where to sell

Classified I would assume.
Waggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

The green menu bar just under the banner photo at top of page has the button for the Classified area.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake