Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2006, 03:08 PM   #15

I have had great service with my CRV but I am looking hard at the 2006 Saturn Vue, v6, AWD automatic transmission. I know a few folks that have them and are well pleased.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2006, 10:48 AM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I towed a 2002 Honda Accord for about 30,000 miles and just traded for a 2006 Honda CRV/se all wheel drive.
The big thing about Honda, is they print the instructions in the owners manual for towing. You don't have to pull any fuses, or add anything besides the tow bracket and light kit and your choice of braking product.
Honda is a no brainer.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:02 PM   #17

Thanks to everyone for their remarks. We have decided on a 2006 Honda CRV. I got an amazingly good trade in on my Camry and am excited about picking up the car tomorrow. See my post under the topic in this section entitled "Motorhome Guide doesn't list Honda anymore" for more details.

We are so looking forward to not having to use that dolly anymore - that just seemed to add another layer of hassle to the whole experience.

Pam
mikeike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:45 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Jim Bob,

Is the 06 V6 AWD Auto trans Vue flat towable as is? Prior to getting our 05 Liberty we looked at the 05 AWD Auto Vue and as I recall it was not flat towable.

My daughter just bought an 06 so I got my answer form her owners manual. It is towable 4 down but has to be started every 7 hrs
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:48 PM   #19

A post said that all jeeps can be towed 4 down and that is true for recent models only. The older cj's, 86 and prior cannot be towed without removing the rear drive shaft or by using an in and out shaft from remcotowing.com
bend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:21 PM   #20

Dot & Jim