Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-26-2005, 08:21 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I just brought home a new 05 Vue V-6 Front wheel drive. I have re-read through all of your posts from last July regarding the additions needed to flat tow (four down).

Original post edit : I found a supplement to the owners manual with the correct proceedures for the tranny prep, so please disreard the original question about that. BUT, I would still appreciate your comments about below :

Would one of you guys, or someone else who has direct personal experience with an 05 Vue please tell me exactly what you do to tow yours? I'm planning to order a new Blue Ox base plate from RVUpgrades, so I can continue with my BO Aventa II tow bar. I plan to install my used US Gear Tow Brake equipment which I salvaged from the Accord which was totaled. I need your advice about the pros & cons of tapping into the Vue's taillights versus buying the wiring kit from BO with the separate bulb sockets.

I know I'm asking for a lot of help here, but I am confident I'll get good advice from my fellow irv2.com members. THANKS, Ed

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2005, 08:21 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I just brought home a new 05 Vue V-6 Front wheel drive. I have re-read through all of your posts from last July regarding the additions needed to flat tow (four down).

Original post edit : I found a supplement to the owners manual with the correct proceedures for the tranny prep, so please disreard the original question about that. BUT, I would still appreciate your comments about below :

Would one of you guys, or someone else who has direct personal experience with an 05 Vue please tell me exactly what you do to tow yours? I'm planning to order a new Blue Ox base plate from RVUpgrades, so I can continue with my BO Aventa II tow bar. I plan to install my used US Gear Tow Brake equipment which I salvaged from the Accord which was totaled. I need your advice about the pros & cons of tapping into the Vue's taillights versus buying the wiring kit from BO with the separate bulb sockets.

I know I'm asking for a lot of help here, but I am confident I'll get good advice from my fellow irv2.com members. THANKS, Ed

Old 02-28-2005, 08:19 AM   #3

To start towing:
1: Start engine and go from Park to Neutral to Drive to I to L then from L to I to Drive to Neutral then let idle for 3 minutes.
2: Shut off engine but leave key in Acc position then pull the BCM/INST 10 amp fuse located on the right side of the center console.

Some people have run the BCM/INST fuse through a switch so the fuse does not need to be pulled each time you tow. I have not done this because I got very busy at the end of last years RV season. When things warm up here I will do this.

You must be sure you last shift is from Drive to Neutral or transmission damage can occur. I have met one person with a Honda (your Vue has a Honda drive train) that damaged his Honda transmission because his last shift was from Reverse to Neutral.

Toad lights: It is a good idea to use the Add-A-Bulb from Blue Ox. The reason for this is all lighting functions of the Vue go through the BCM (Body Control Module). I feel it is best to stay away from any module on a vehicle that cost several hundred dollars to replace in case of a screw up on the installer's part or some sort of a wiring problem on the RV.

When you install a Blue Ox base plate the entire grill/front bumper must come off. If you follow the Blue Ox instructions to the letter it all comes apart very easily. And is a snap to install.

Ed if you have any other questions you can email me. My email address is in my public profile.

CAD-Man is offline   Reply With Quote