Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2018, 10:10 PM   #43

Send a message via AIM to mike.t Send a message via MSN to mike.t Send a message via Yahoo to mike.t
Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
Haven't had a problem in 6 years parking with the trailer. Only,one CG in Fl. did I have to drop the trailer. Only 52 ft. Sober all in length. That's 84000 miles of travel and camping.
You are fortunate enough to be able to stay in RV parks that can commodate your length. Most class Cs never get close to that 52'. Remember we are talking class Cs. Congrats on 84K towing. Lot of towing
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2018, 06:45 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
You are fortunate enough to be able to stay in RV parks that can commodate your length. Most class Cs never get close to that 52'. Remember we are talking class Cs. Congrats on 84K towing. Lot of towing
Class c,is 32 ft. and trailer is 20 ft. , that's 52 ft. total length. The shortest pull through I have used was 55 ft. That was last month. 45 ft. Class A's and 45 ft. 5th wheels are only 7 ft. shorter then my total length.
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:21 AM   #45

A Jeep tows great 4 down. Mine is in excellent maintenance condition so no worries about that. And I don't want the we expense or the weight of a trailer. Of course IfI break it trailing I would have to rent a trailer. Things to consider.
Jeepdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:30 AM   #46

Mike t,
I am with ya. I have found a few good tow bars on Texas Jeep Parts (Facebook group). I would be looking for a brake system. 2nd hand would find. Anyone ever used any of the wireless units? Might be Chinese junk. Surge brakes seem to work pretty good too. Things to consider. But first I would have to find A Class C without a rotted roof. With a nE450 chassis.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:34 AM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Someone paused at the cost of a supplemental braking system....

It's a LOT cheaper than not stopping in an accident or IF the toad breaks away
AND, it's the law in many states...

We've tried the dolly and 4 down and vote 4 down if at all possbile

fyi, I've seen a lot of tow bars and brake systems on dfw's craigslist...
some even to the point of maybe getting them and selling mine
Old 02-19-2018, 08:48 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Someone paused at the cost of a supplemental braking system....

It's a LOT cheaper than not stopping in an accident or IF the toad breaks away
AND, it's the law in many states...

I stopped in time. The girl on the bicycle was not run over.
Anyone that doesn't have aux braking is messing with karma.
Be wise!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:55 AM   #49

Send a message via AIM to mike.t Send a message via MSN to mike.t Send a message via Yahoo to mike.t
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepdriver View Post
I don't think all the E-450 chassis have a 5000lb.tow hitch, do they. You would think the E-450 chassis could handle it. But I guess it depends on the frame extension. Probably not legal to just change out the hitch assembly.
One of the members here reminded about research There is a tag on the receiver mine says 7500 lbs.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:57 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepdriver View Post
Mike t,
I am with ya. I have found a few good tow bars on Texas Jeep Parts (Facebook group). I would be looking for a brake system. 2nd hand would find. Anyone ever used any of the wireless units? Might be Chinese junk. Surge brakes seem to work pretty good too. Things to consider. But first I would have to find A Class C without a rotted roof. With a nE450 chassis.
I looked for about a month and found a Brake Buddy for $500. They're out there
Old 02-19-2018, 10:00 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
Class c,is 32 ft. and trailer is 20 ft. , that's 52 ft. total length. The shortest pull through I have used was 55 ft. That was last month. 45 ft. Class A's and 45 ft. 5th wheels are only 7 ft. shorter then my total length.
Kudos on your maintenance of the trailer and MH. That is a lot of miles.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:32 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Kudos on your maintenance of the trailer and MH. That is a lot of miles.
I am only on my third set of tires on the trailer and recalled second set on the MH. Best part is trailer is only 1700 lbs. empty.
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 02:19 PM   #53

Agreed. Want to be legal and safe.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:37 PM   #54

jeepdriver.https://houston.craigslist.org/pts/d...456267249.html

Tags
class c, toad