Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:01 PM   #309

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Been towing with no issues for 15 months and now have a gremlin. After I reconnect the date/time and compass heading does go back to the current time and the heading stays blank. Have to manually reset date/time. This went on for two weeks this last stopover. I guess need to go back to dealer.

bob

majfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2016, 10:50 PM   #310

Quote:
Originally Posted by majfrizz View Post
Been towing with no issues for 15 months and now have a gremlin. After I reconnect the date/time and compass heading does go back to the current time and the heading stays blank. Have to manually reset date/time. This went on for two weeks this last stopover. I guess need to go back to dealer.

bob
Bob, anything of interest to pass on?

I sometimes get the same but everything recalculates in a few.

I'm guessing you've had that before….

What was the issue this time?

Vato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:43 AM   #311

Entegra Owners Club
Well it happened!

Had 3,100 successful towing miles with the new Colorado, until yesterday.
Went to hook up the CO to take the MH back to storage and it would not shift into neutral. Now it won't come out of 4 wheel drive. I tried everything but the fuse pull which I will today. After 20 minutes, I put it back in the garage. At least the problem happened at home.

It looks like the shifting bugs are still not worked out. Kind of sorry I bought it now if it's going to have problems when least expect it.
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:56 AM   #312

Chuck, ouch. Sorry to hear that. We had similar issue when we got to Tampa in Jan. The dealer did a software update and so far no more issues. Hope that's all you need.
Tom
Old 08-24-2016, 07:48 AM   #313

Entegra Owners Club
Tom, I asked about the software updated you had posted when you had the problem. I was told the software was up to date.....but I was also told I had Android Auto, which I did not. I think it will be back to the dealer and ask why this happened.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:08 PM   #314

Thx Chuck. Hope this gets figured out quick. Please let us know what they determine. You might ask them if this occurs again is there anything we can do while on the road. Just in case it happens to the rest of us.

Tom
Old 08-24-2016, 04:27 PM   #315

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Had 3,100 successful towing miles with the new Colorado, until yesterday.
Went to hook up the CO to take the MH back to storage and it would not shift into neutral. Now it won't come out of 4 wheel drive. I tried everything but the fuse pull which I will today. After 20 minutes, I put it back in the garage. At least the problem happened at home.

It looks like the shifting bugs are still not worked out. Kind of sorry I bought it now if it's going to have problems when least expect it.

Hi Chuck,
It probably won't make you feel any better but, my previous toad was a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I had problems with the transmission solinoid shift module and had to have it replaced 3 times during the period of time I owned that car. It was the same problem as you are having as it would not shift into neutral position for towing. I researched the problem online and found that by pulling a certain fuse and following a specific sequince, I could make it work temporarly.

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:08 AM   #316

Entegra Owners Club
UPDATE:
I was locked in 4WD and could not get it out to be able to tow.

Yet another update from Chevy to the Transfer Case Shift Module. #23285502 is what is on my work order.

Before my transfer case would not shift with the engine running, the engine had to be off with the key in the run position like what has been posted here.

Now, Chevy wants the engine running while shifting in or out of Neutral so the transmission and transfer case stay synchronized. If not, they can lock up like mine did. After the update, I can shift with the engine running and that is the new way quoted by my dealer. Tried it 6 time in the parking lot and it did work.

The field fix is the reset NQ6 that is posted here. I tried that several times but it did not work, for me or the Chevy Tech.

I hate to say this, but there is still a problem with the electronic transfer case and GM is aware of it. After three years, will it be fixed? I have my doubts.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:24 AM   #317

Chuck, thanks for the update. That is the same procedure I use for mine. I have never tried it with the engine off. Hope you are "fixed" now.
Tom
Old 08-25-2016, 01:41 PM   #318

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Tom, mine would not shift with the engine running before the update, only with the engine off.

ANOTHER UPDATE that I missed #23285516 "new calibration for improved operation"

I towed the Colorado up to my storage location. After unhooking the Traction Control light came on...stayed on for a couple of starts, but went away after a few blocks and a couple of turns. That is the first time that has happened on the Colorado. I wasn't' worried as my Tacoma would do that and I carry an OTC reader/scanner to clear any codes.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:29 PM   #319

I am looking for a toad to put a golf cart in and colorado/canyon seem to be the choice. Are there any older models you guys like? Seems like the newest trucks have their flatbtow problems. The foreign trucks seem to need some serious modification to tow 4 down.
Thanks
Old 09-22-2016, 10:44 PM   #320

Workhorse Chassis Owner
No mods required on the new-gen trucks - just need a 4x4 so the t-case can be put in neutral.
Measure bed-length, the shorty is pretty short.
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 05:39 AM   #321

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 has a knob to set in flat tow and go. Already wired for lights. Expensive but nice.
Dfreiberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:04 AM   #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBROWN View Post
No mods required on the new-gen trucks - just need a 4x4 so the t-case can be put in neutral.
Measure bed-length, the shorty is pretty short.
What year would you say are the new-gen? Any one year lighter than the rest? I was looking for a crew cab, what is minimum bed to haul a cart thru your guys experiences?
Thanks.

Tags
colorado