Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:05 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Question Combined boat trailer/car hauler

OK with the collective wisdom, does anyone know a source of a combined boat with trailer on lower level with a car hauler above (it handles a small car) saw one today. It had for sale sign on it for the complete rig though- DP MH, trailer with boat on boat trailer on lower level & Suzuki 4WD on the upper level. Anyone know of a possible source for such a trailer. It would solve our problems of getting our boat and a small set of wheels on holidays. We enjoy boating and RV'ing- but breaking camp to drive the motor home to get groceries isn't cool- so DW drives her Liberty to lake to give us the necessary wheels. Kinda defeats the idea of traveling together.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2012, 05:20 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to M zoll
I would like to see that, where was it you saw it?

Old 06-14-2012, 06:38 AM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
I would guess it had hydraulics to lower the upper level to get the car off? If not, that would take some loooooong ramps.

It could be a modified race car hauler, or built by a race car hauler manufacturer.

Many race car haul trailers have dual levels inside them. First rar goes in and is raised up to the ceiling. Second car goes in on lower level like in a regular trailer. Double the hauling capability, plus room up front for work area and tools.

It's a place to start looking.
Cougarkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
So, you got me looking.

Found this place in Texas. They make tralers, including race car stackers. Statement claims they can build anything you want.

texas bragg trailers Car Hauler | Dump | Equipment | Bragg | Trailer | Trailer | Trailers | Texas
Cougarkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:55 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Was it an enclosed trailer like these? ATC & Trailers | Stacker Trailers They are beautiful but a little pricey.

We would love to figure a way to drag the toad and a double PWC trailer just one time then leave the PWCs in Florida. Checked into shipping and that wasn't cheap either. Tandem is out since it would be over length and I'm not sure on legality in all states.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you do a google search you will find some listed. We had one at the Rv resort we were staying in Florida. Boat on top and they had a SUV under it.

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #7

Welcome to Sport Trailers, Inc.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:01 AM   #8

They have been around for many years. Try Goggleing. Have a friend who made one out of a standard trailer. We made a stacker to stack two ATVs for our garage.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:12 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
What you are referring to is called a "Stacker", they come in enclosed and open. I think you are referring to the open version. Good to hear your joining the rest of us "Toy Junkies"

Old 06-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #10

Try Built Rite Trailers. You can call them at 800-922-3765 or check their web at www.takeitalltrailer.com.. Talked to them a couple of years ago and they will built it for whatever vechile you have for the bottom and the boat on top. They are in NB.. Not cheap but will do what you are looking for. Just make sure your MH can carry the load and the hitch weight.
dls461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
I have some photos from my phone but can't figure how to upload. But anyway, the above photos are EXACTLY what I'm looking for. I don't know what my MH is rated for towing. I'll have to check that out. I do know that hauling a TJ on tow dolly was barely noticeable to operation of rig. Saw it in Red Deer, Alberta.