Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #29
What a pain trying to fit the Blue Ox ends. I filed the ends and the Currie tabs, finished one side only took 4 hours.
This really is not the way it should be I would think Currie would have better welding or measuring. I hope the ends are the correct ones, they look to be. I suppose the blame is on Currie. Wonder if they make their rear ends and other items with more precision, after this I don't want to find out.

2001 Monaco Dynasty
Barrier2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #30

wow 4 hours... crazy. That part was supposed to be easy.

I mounted the readybrake cable today. I used the lower middle portion of the bumper, I think it will lign up much better to the tow bar this way. The cable outer sheath run was on top of the main frame and turns underneath a collision bar where it is tie wrapped. It then turns down into the teflon mount that is attached to the metal bumper portion. The cable run looks clean. Since I used the bumper as the mount, I need to relocate the license plate. I bought a $6 license plate bracket to help cover up the readybrake end piece.

As for the breakaway cable, I used a 10/24 drill and tap to mount the red holding box similar to the previous posted link. I will prob just drill a hole in the brake pedal bar to attach the cable ends... So far, the install isnt to bad, but def a pia. Will post pics when Im done.

2014 Thor Palazzo 33.3 (Melody), Folkstone
2013 Jeep Rubicon, Ready Brute Elite & Currie Ent Baseplate
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #31
I mounted my readybrake cable yesterday along with running the Cooltech harness. As for the cable, I have yet to finish it as I'm going to make a bracket to mount the nylon end into about like the pictures in the link I posted. I too am going to run it through the currie logo in the base plate.

As for the Cooltech harness, I tried for an hour to run it up inside the frame but I didn't have a thick enough wire fish line so I ended up just running it mostly on top of the drivers side frame and used the brackets they supplied to mount the 4-way plug-in. I drilled a 1/2" hole in the currie to run the harness wire through. It's just off to the side of the logo cutouts.

I still have to file more on my so called "blue ox" ends that are supposed to fit the so called currie blue ox base plate. These two company's need to get together with each other to work out their differences in fit. More and more people are going with the readybrake and currie that they need to do something.

I'll try and take some pictures after I get my bracket made and installed.
jcgribks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #32

I was gonna go with a bracket that I made from a "T" plate from home depot. After much thought, I opted for through the bumper method.... One less thing to worry about when off roading and the skid plate is clean, no light mounts, no teflon ready brake mounts exposed... It is a skid plate you know.

I went with the mopar cable... and I see the reasoning why Jeep went this route. The harness runs on the top and then down the sides of the front radiator grill. No seven pin plug to mount. Just reach in the grill grab the harness and plug your 7 pin cable. Cool!

Here are some pics...

I will prob create a metal bracket to hang the breakaway cable behind this bumper, that bolt should be perfect for the bracket.

closed up...

I love the clean look... you would never know its a toad once that readybrake loop is tucked underneath the licence plate and the breakaway cable stored behind the bumper.

Next, I need a mounting bracket for the licence plate and I will tuck the ready loop behind to keep it from getting snagged somewhere.

2014 Thor Palazzo 33.3 (Melody), Folkstone
2013 Jeep Rubicon, Ready Brute Elite & Currie Ent Baseplate
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote