Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #1

I recently bought a 2007 Wrangler and needed to set it up for toad. I spent lots of time researching posts here and on rv.net to identify which vendors to use, both for manufacturing and for the online order.

I just placed two orders, one for the towbar setup and the other for the braking system.
www.rvpartsoutlet.com is running a special on Blue Ox towbar (Aventa LX), removable Blue Ox baseplates and safety cables - package price is $749, delivered for $833. I liked the 10k lb rating for the Aventa LX, and read posts from many happy Blue Ox towbar owners.

As for the braking system, I read a sh*tload of posts on that topic. At first I was leaning towards a brake-in-the-box setup, especially when I found that rvpartsoutlet.com had factory rebuilt Apollo systems for $549. But after reading a bit on the topic I decided on the US Gear Unified Brake system. I ordered that from www.tweetys.com for $598, to which I added a 7pin to 6pin coiled cable (Blue Ox #BX88206). With the cable and shipping the total for Tweetys.com was $685.

I will still need to get a cover for the towbar and a wiring kit for the Wrangler. I am thinking of going with Blue Ox #BX8869 which installs seperate lights into your toads rear light housings.

I really struggled with the choices for Brake System - lots of options!

safe travels,
John

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #2

I recently bought a 2007 Wrangler and needed to set it up for toad. I spent lots of time researching posts here and on rv.net to identify which vendors to use, both for manufacturing and for the online order.

I just placed two orders, one for the towbar setup and the other for the braking system.
www.rvpartsoutlet.com is running a special on Blue Ox towbar (Aventa LX), removable Blue Ox baseplates and safety cables - package price is $749, delivered for $833. I liked the 10k lb rating for the Aventa LX, and read posts from many happy Blue Ox towbar owners.

As for the braking system, I read a sh*tload of posts on that topic. At first I was leaning towards a brake-in-the-box setup, especially when I found that rvpartsoutlet.com had factory rebuilt Apollo systems for $549. But after reading a bit on the topic I decided on the US Gear Unified Brake system. I ordered that from www.tweetys.com for $598, to which I added a 7pin to 6pin coiled cable (Blue Ox #BX88206). With the cable and shipping the total for Tweetys.com was $685.

I will still need to get a cover for the towbar and a wiring kit for the Wrangler. I am thinking of going with Blue Ox #BX8869 which installs seperate lights into your toads rear light housings.

I really struggled with the choices for Brake System - lots of options!

safe travels,
John

Old 02-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
John,

Congratulations, it must feel good to get that part done. Now it's just install, hook-up and GO!
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote