Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2016, 10:42 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Did you turn off side cameras

guy on another thread wanted to turn off side cameras so he could see toad all the time as he panics occasionally when he can not see it

He claims lots of people do this - I have never heard this before

Comments
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2016, 10:50 AM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
guy on another thread wanted to turn off side cameras so he could see toad all the time as he panics occasionally when he can not see it
He'll get used to it !
I always take a quick glance at my side camera view before changing lanes. It covers the blind spots you dont see in your mirrors.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:53 AM   #3

Read the same post. it will be interesting see if others do that as well.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 02:17 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
When I setup my camera (rear and right side) I made to so the rear camera is on all the time with the side manually selected. With my rear view camera I am able to see if any vehicles that are beside my toad and can easily/quickly determine if my toad will not impact other vehicles while changing lanes. I have found it difficult to judge when using the side view camera if it is ok to change lanes. In the side view camera I am unable to see my toad so it ended up as a educated guess.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:55 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
OK I got it handled today. I stopped into a car audio store today and had them install another monitor that is actually the size and shape of a car visor. The service tech installed it in less than 30 min and now I have a large 12x6 in monitor dedicated to the rear camera. He came off the rear video feed before the signal box so my existing screen does exactly what it has always done so I have side views with the turn signals on and now without losing sight of the toad.
He had had an open box with the passenger side monitor sold out of it so they could watch dvd's in their car so I bought the drivers side one, got it all done for $110.00 A good day, and the color matches so the DW likes it too. It fit right between my current visor and I can get the perfect angle and have a better view than I did before with the main monitor. The main monitor was sometimes hard to see based on the suns glare and the direction etc. A very easy fix and safety addition to my coach.
dkrobath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 10:58 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mine I can have the rear camera occupying the entire screen with the side cameras in a smaller window on the lower corners. Let's me see the rear and sides all the time.
UsualSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera