Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2018, 12:12 PM   #1

Dingy Towing

how to dingy tow a 2019 chevy equinox.
Some people say you have to pull fuse #32.
Some people say toy don't have to pull a use.
I would like to hear from someone who pulls
a 2019 equinox.
Thank you
REDR
REDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2018, 12:32 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDR View Post
a 2019 equinox.
Thank you
REDR
Since this is a new vehicle, I strongly suggest you read and follow the instruction in the owners manual to avoid any warranty implications that might arise.
"I read it on the internet" won't mean a thing if the transmission goes south.
Old 10-28-2018, 12:45 PM   #3

Look in the index of your Owner's Manual under Recreational Vehicle Towing. Your manual is no online yet but the 2018 Equinox does not say anything about pulling a fuse.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:31 PM   #4

Yes, read your manual! You will also have to disconnect the battery when you tow due to electric power steering. Do a search of this site. I remember seeing a question on towing a Equinox not to long ago.
redcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 05:18 AM   #5

Dingy towing

Ok guys I am smart enough to read the manual. My concern is the odometer.
Does it rack up miles? If i disconnect the battery,what does that do to the electronics?
REDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 11:57 AM   #6

In my 2015 Colorado that has the electric power steering assist with the battery disconnected does not register miles or lose radio presets. When my battery is reconnected the DIC will say "open and close drivers window". The radio will not be on any station and the compass I think will either indicates north or does not indicate. On The radio all I need to do is select a station, my presets are still there. The compass will reset after driving for about 1/2 mile. There are no fuses to pull unless your owners manual says different. Granted I do not have an Equinox I have a Colorado. But GM tends to make the electronics in their vehicles very similar.
redcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 12:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Ok guys I am smart enough to read the manual. My concern is the odometer.
Does it rack up miles? If i disconnect the battery,what does that do to the electronics?
All due respect my friend but that's not what your original question was.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:08 PM   #8

Redr, I am setting up my Sonic and it has instructions to pull fuse also. You can purchase an on/off switch that includes your fuse and plugs into the fuse location. When you set up to tow, just push the switch to off.
mikeh2obury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 03:09 PM   #9

And no, the miles should not rack up on the vehicle.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:56 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:

a 2019 equinox.

Thank you

REDR

I’m about to buy a 2019 Equinox I’m curious to know what tow bar you have installed on your car. There is a lot of things going on up under the front of that vehicle. There is a damper to manage air coming into the radiator?
I left you a PM.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:41 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
I’m about to buy a 2019 Equinox I’m curious to know what tow bar you have installed on your car. There is a lot of things going on up under the front of that vehicle. There is a damper to manage air coming into the radiator?
I left you a PM.

Well e-trailer came thru again with an answer to my question. I was only seeing a Roadmaster baseplate at first but as it turns out Blue Ox does make one for these models.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:46 PM   #12

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0242.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	226757
This is what you can put in place for your fuse and just switch from on to off and back.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:26 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dingy Towing

I have one on my current Saturn, but I didn’t install it so I didn’t know it was available in a harness thanks! Can you show the link or part number?
Old 11-30-2018, 08:40 AM   #14

I tow a 2018 Equinox
Roadmaster all the way, tow bar, base plates, rock guardian shield and Brakemaster toad braking system. I put holes in the rock guard to keep airflow around the tranny cooler.
Sorry not all roadmaster, I also have an RVI trickle charger!
I don’t have to pull fuses just put the ignition on acc. Put the automatic in neutral and tow. The chime is sounding off but it doesn’t hurt anything.
The miles don’t rack up on mine, oh don’t forget to pump the boost out of the brakes.
pub1898 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow, towing