Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:03 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
ahicks, sure would like to see pictures of that set-up for carrying bikes behind your CRV.

ronspradley
ron,
I don't know if you can zoom in on what I'm showing here but, you asked for a picture of bikes on the back of a CRV. Well, The rack we're using on the back of the, "then" toad, is called an "X-Sport" two bike rack. They have a four bike one too. It's not the most sturdy bike rack but, it's made it all over the western U.S. on the back of that CRV carrying two Townie 7-Speed bikes. So far, it's been outstanding. And, it's the kind that has cradles that support the wheels and tires. I personally will never have another one that carries them by the frame.

It's just a personal thing with me. I don't care for those types.
Scott

FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2015, 06:54 AM   #16

Problem Solved:

I did what Ctpres had suggested and had a 2" receiver tube welded to the top of the drop down receiver. This way it eliminates the need for the duel 2" adapter coming off the drop down reciever. I am able to use my hitch mounted bike rack rather then purchase a trunk rack or any other system to accommodate the problem.

Thanks so much for everybody's input on this. It is very much appreciated.

Happy Travels
Stu

TireSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:23 AM   #17

Gulf Streamers Club
Thank you Scott for the picture of the bike rack on the CRV. My CRV is first generation with the spare on the door and I was looking for a rack that will work in that configuration.

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:41 AM   #18

Ron, no pic, but I was able to track down the rack we use. Spare tire clearance works out fine. Bugger to get set up the first time, but after that you're good to go. Bikes on or off in just a couple of minutes.

SportRack 2-Bike Tilting Platform Hitch-Mounted Rack, Granite Gray - Walmart.com

Bonus going this route is the toad can be used to transport the bikes, not just when a toad, but also when it's a car...
Old 06-11-2015, 10:23 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
Ron, no pic, but I was able to track down the rack we use. Spare tire clearance works out fine. Bugger to get set up the first time, but after that you're good to go. Bikes on or off in just a couple of minutes.

SportRack 2-Bike Tilting Platform Hitch-Mounted Rack, Granite Gray - Walmart.com

Bonus going this route is the toad can be used to transport the bikes, not just when a toad, but also when it's a car...
Wow,
That rack is the exact same rack as we have only ours is known as the "X-Sport" Rack. Man it's amazing how some companies copy others and I guess get away with it.
Scott

FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toad