Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:11 PM   #43
Thor Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
I wonder if you have remote start and you started your toad while maneuvering through a town or a fuel stop, wouldn't that allow the power steering to act as a dampener,as Betr2Trvlsaid in his post. Than your motor shuts down automatically after 10 -15 minutes. Just curious. We are looking at purchasing a toad.

phyllisNchri is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2016, 05:54 PM   #44
Well Steve, I purchased a new 4door Wrangler at the start of last year. After installing the brake system and tow bar/breakaway system I pulled it through my season. I encountered NO issues, I only LOVE it! Previously I pulled a Geo Tracker 4 Door since 1998, with no brake system at all. I don't see any difference, I liked them both. I have a rear camera and have never seen anything that felt off. I recommend Wrangler. Good Luck, Ken

Ken L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 05:34 AM   #45
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by jimfh2o View Post
This is great news and I'm glad FCA is standing behind their product. Once they release the 2016 Jeep Cherokee Limited in the new Light Brownstone color we will downsize from our Grand Cherokee Limited which has served us well for over 10 years and 165,000 miles.
I saw a Limited in Brownstone yesterday at a South Alabama dealership.
Raymond, Dee Dee and Sophie (Yorkie)
2013 Tiffin Allegro 31SA
2016 Chevrolet Equinox - V6 - AWD
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 10:53 PM   #46
Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SteveOGilroy
Buy it buy it buy it! It is talking to you. It needs a large pack leader to follow behind!
Steve & Jean
2008 Damon Astoria 3786
2015 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 toad
SteveOGilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 01:28 AM   #47
I too was thinking of replacing our JK with a TrailHawk and thanking those that worked to find a solution to the wobble. With this wiring of the steering pump, will this necessitate a charge wire from the coach to the car to keep the battery charged?
G Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:31 AM   #48
Jeep wobble fix

Jeep has announced a fix for the wobble. They have designed a wiring harness which will operate the electric steering assist motor while towing. Those desiring this should contact Jeep Customer Care.

Note it has taken those of us experiencing this near two years to get it acknowledged and action taken, but it's important. There are more vehicles all the time going to electric steering assist. Like the new Grand Cherokees (but no problem reported to Jeep about them yet). I have seen reports of the same problem with the new Chevy Equinox.
Twoflyrodders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:37 AM   #49
I would think it would certainly require more wiring from the coach. Nothing quite like getting there to find a dead battery in the Toad. This will be interesting Ken
Ken L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 05:37 AM   #50
There are 4 threads that cover essentially the exact same info on towing 2014 and 2015 Jeep Cherokees, including recent info on the soon to be available fix from Jeep on the reported issue with "wobble".

To simplify this topic please refer to all threads before you post something new, it will make it better for everyone.

I have posted this note on the others as well.

2014-16 Jeep Cherokee

Does anyone have experience towing a 2015 Jeep Cherokee

Does anyone have experience towing a 2015 Jeep Cherokee

2014 Jeep Cherokee flat towing

2015 Tiffin Allegro 31SA, 24k chassis
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote

tow, towing