Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:25 PM   #15

You guys are joking.... right? Why would having your RV & toad match even matter? Does other folks opinion matter that much to you?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2008, 06:49 AM   #16

Now Lorna....do you get up and just throw on any kind/color of an outfit and not do your hair every morning? I can't believe a woman would be thinking like a man on this.

slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:19 AM   #17

My clothes are clean and neat. I wear blue jeans & a t-shirt or button up shirt. My hair is cut short because it pretty much has a mind of it's own. I am not into "fashion". I dislike clothes shopping, shoes and makeup. I still have a huge problem that womem's clothes are often higher in price and of lesser quality.

I grew up a tomboy and was never really into clothes (in more ways than one )

This subject is only important to you if it is important to you. In my opinion, it's just silly. But then anyone who owns more than 3 pair of shoes has a serious problem. I just can't believe anyone would buy a new vehicle just so it will match their RV.

BTW, my vintage Class C is white, my Jeep (for sale) is dark green and our full-size pick-up truck (for sale) is black. We no longer need to tow large cargo trailers (sold it) and are down-sizing our vehicles. My only colour request... NO DARK COLOURS!!!! I getting tired of getting burned if I brush up against one of our vehicles.

On the other hand... I think anyone who owns a victorian and paints it white needs to be beaten into to a pulp! POLYCHROME FOREVER!!!!

Seriously... I have found that an unobtrusive paint scheme regarding an RV will allow us to fade from most folks memories. It is simply one of those things that we feel contribute to our being allowed to stay for rather long times (months) in public campgrounds during off seasons.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:08 PM   #18

Wayne, If you are buying the toad after the new mh then make it a match, it will keep her happy. Or you can let the dog try your dinner first from now on.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:55 AM   #19

Oh yes it matters to our better half. I could care less but.....
Joe and Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:42 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just remember - if momma ain't happy, ain't noobooddy happy.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:56 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Wayne...
You are asking all the wrong people here. This is one of the few times that I will ask...do you think it really matters what anyone here thinks? Have you met anyone from iRV2 in person yet AND woke up in the AM next to them?? (I think not!) This is one time that you better look at the person you wake up to every morning...and realize that if you want to continue that privilege - that color matters!!

MM
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:08 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by historyljc:
Just remember - if momma ain't happy, ain't noobooddy happy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>...Jim - Boy have you got that right!!! (Just ask Sacs!! )

MonacoMama
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:01 PM   #23

Can you imagine driving the rv on a camping trip and mama next to you on the copilot seat with a really long face? I don`t think so. Just match the color, ok? and averything will be fine.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:44 AM   #24

Our rig has browns and the toad is green...doesn't matter.

If we had to replace the toad we'd probably try to get it close - why not?

I've seen lot sof custom matched rigs to toads or trailers and while they looked real nice I'm in the rig when towing so can't see the toad anyway other than trhu the rear camera.

IMHO, if it matters to you then get them to match. Otherwise, who cares?