Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
I just completed installation of a towing system on a Honda CR-V. I bought everything from HitchSource.com. I found the best prices for tow bar/brake system (ReadyBrute Elite), base plate/brackets (Roadmaster), plus ReadyStop breakaway kit, as well as wiring/diode kit plus connector cable for the lights. HitchSource matched the prices, plus deducted a few more dollars, so I got everything from one place, for a little less than $1600. IMHO, HitchSource is first-class.

I installed it all myself. Sure was glad when it was finished!

gfs1943 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
I just installed a Blue Ox baseplate (ebay $355 new with free shipping and the Aladin Blue Ox tow bar was $700 with free shipping) and diode wiring on our 2012 Equinox. I found a step by step video on you tube (through etrailer.com) for the base plate and my friend and I did it all. I do have a suggestion on the base plate. Neither the video nor the included instructions told how far back to mount the base plate. It would have saved lots of time and trimming if they would have said to mount it 3/8" behind a vertical spot on the bumper. In the video and instructions it looks like it is mounted right next to it. If you go this route you can email me with any ?'s. One more thing. Dinghy towing instructions in the manual say to remove fuse #32. Make sure you go the the fuse panel on the passengers side of the console and not the fuse box under the hood. It is a 5 amp fuse. I bought a fuse tap, cut out the fuse and then wired a new fuse holder and rocker switch. The wires will run from the fuse through the console to the drivers side. I mounted the switch on the lower part of the dash by the console. There is a piece of black plastic and that is where I cut a small hole for the rocker switch. I put a dab of super glue and a small piece of plastic on the "off" (open) position of the fuse so I can feel where the off position is. I have read that some prefer the bulb and socket method but I don't understand why. I can't see drilling a hole in a perfectly good tail light assembly. Besides that, the existing bulbs are in the optimal location for the maximum lighting through the lens. The diodes are very easy to install if you can operate a soldering iron or gun. You will need 4 of them. We are currently in Mesquite, NV on our way to Quartzsite for a few weeks then on to Apache Junction. It is nice to get out of the snow and cold in Idaho. Gene genelquist@msn.com

Old 02-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Ready Brake??

I looked at my Equinox today for locations to drill for the ready brake to see if I could install all of this myself. The firewall is full of stuff.

Has anyone used Ready Brake with their Equinox?
reubenray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Being I have not found anyone to install the ready brake and I don't like the other brands I may get a dolly instead. This way if and when I change vehicles to tow it will work for them also.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Being I have not found anyone to install the ready brake and I don't like the other brands I may get a dolly instead. This way if and when I change vehicles to tow it will work for them also.
Better check Remco. If it is AWD, not towable on dolly.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
It is only front wheel drive.

Tags
toad