Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2009, 07:52 AM   #15

Thanks for the update wanderlust2. I have yet to risk the tow again, still very nervous about being put down on the road again. I suppose my fear might begin to wane as more success stories are shared.
John44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2009, 09:12 AM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust2 View Post
Took our '09 Escape into the Ford Dealership, 35 miles away and gave them the TSB. They pulled out some fluid and handed me an invoice for $43. Fortuanately I was talking to the Service Manager and he agreed to eat the charge without any argument. Drove 35 miles back home. Kept the suv running and checked the fluid level - below the add mark. Got to go back again. Am I pxxxed - you betcha. Moral of the story - rely on yourself not your genuine ford service centre.
Some years ago I took my wife's car (A ford product) to the local Ford Dealer and here is what I observed

First I had them do a tune up.. That's new plugs, and wires on that car.. They forgot the wires

Then since it was still runnign rough I told them "Diagnose"

The "Service consultant" was the kind of person where after shaking his hand you wanted to 1: Wash, 2: Count your fingers.

They found thousands of dollars in work that needed doing.. Including, but not lmited to, an new transmission and a leaking fuel pump (They said, and leaking it was too but more on that)

I inspected the fuel pump "leak" and sure enough there was indicaiton of a fresh leak around the fuel outlet on the tank (In-tank pump) There was no indication that it had been leaking prior to my taking it into the shop) (The difference is very obvious to anyone who has seen a long-term leak, and I have)

I had 'em replace the pump I feel they damaged (300 bucks) and took the car home

A few days later I spent 16 bucks on new spark plug wires.

Drove it for over 2 years and sold it,, No further engine problems

My opinion of that dealer.. You can guess.

You can also guess what kind of letter I wrote to the Secratary of State (Michigan's DMV)

Oh, the dealer.. History.. they are out of business now. (This happened before the big industry downsizing of the last couple of years) I think I also wrote Ford by the way.
(Good riddance)