Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Even Brake

Just trying to find out if anyone has the same problem, with there Evenbrake by Roadmaster model 9400 I hooked it up for the first time this year to go on a 3 hr. trip the unit compresser runs about every 2 mins. should normally come on about every 10 to 15 mins. when not moving, I am pretty sure this would indicate a air leak in the unit, probably? Has anyone had the same problem? The unit is only 3 season old.

Always fixn something!!!!!!!!!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Would have to agree - there is a leak somewhere. The compressor cycles on pressure demand, so obviously pressure is dropping pretty fast. I would not expect it to cycle at all if the brakes are not being used.

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #3

does sound like an airleak. i just got mine back from Roadmaster--wouldn't work at all last year. haven't tried it yet. you can send it to them for a cost of $299 for repairs plus UPS shipping charges to them which added another $50. wish i had better news for you
Old 03-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks for your condolances, Called Roadmaster monday, They told me how to take the cover off while on the phone with tech support,to check for a loose air fitting,never that easy for me but it was worth the try. Had a 2yr. warranty cause i sent in the regestration card within 30 days of purchase!!
Great i am thinking, think again?? warranty expired 2 months and 3 days, so
my only option is to dump it or pay like you said, to have it rebuilt, great deal hmmm. Not sure it is such a great deal, but what do you do? second guess your choice of system or suck it up, by the way the part that was leaking was the calibration chamber or check valve tech said it was only safe to have them install it and recalibrate the unit, makes sense safety has no cost!!!
How long did it take to get your unit back?
Old 03-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
Thanks for your condolances, Called Roadmaster monday, They told me how to take the cover off while on the phone with tech support,to check for a loose air fitting,never that easy for me but it was worth the try. Had a 2yr. warranty cause i sent in the regestration card within 30 days of purchase!!
my only option is to dump it or pay like you said, to have it rebuilt, great deal hmmm. Not sure it is such a great deal, but what do you do? second guess your choice of system or suck it up, by the way the part that was leaking was the calibration chamber or check valve tech said it was only safe to have them install it and recalibrate the unit, makes sense safety has no cost!!!

I'm sending you a PM!!!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
tried to send a message but you have them blocked.
contact TECH dept again & request how to send unit back. although it will cost around $350 total for you it'll be worth it.
got a NEW unit back with a 1 year WARRANTY in about 2-3 weeks.

may give you a new unit also!!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
Would have to agree - there is a leak somewhere. The compressor cycles on pressure demand, so obviously pressure is dropping pretty fast. I would not expect it to cycle at all if the brakes are not being used.
I called EB and they say that each time I slow, the brake should come on. I tested it by putting it in the passenger seat of the toad and driving around. Every time I applied the brakes, even lightly, the EB shaft extended. The sensitivity and force settings are on the lightest setting. If it extends so often, you should see the monitor light frequently, the compressor would have to charge frequently and the battery drain would be significant IF you are in a situation where you have to slow the vehicle frequently. I just bought it and had it installed at the dealer and am trying to test it to make sure it works right. Any advice?
Old 11-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #8

We had the same air leak issue...spoke with a tech and after several tries decided to send it back for repair. It did cost $299 plus freight. FYI-Canadians have to pay freight both ways unlike US customers who only pay to send ...plus there was a brokerage fee of $40 we weren't expecting. But we were very pleased with the service of the Roadmaster office staff and received what appears to be a new unit.

Tags
brake