Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:58 PM   #1
Fiat 500

Has any one purchased a Fiat 500 for dingy. What model? Any suggestions on equipment? Where to go to get installation? Would like a convertible with manual trans.

bbprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2014, 05:19 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I haven't heard of any Fiat toads but the Remco guide lists those with manual transmissions as towable. http://www.royrobinsonrv.com/images/...yGuide2012.pdf

Rick, Nancy, Peanut & Lola our Westie Dogs & Bailey the Sheltie.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:11 PM   #3
I just finished equipping a fiat 500 for a friend of mine to tow behind his class c on sprinter chassis. He went with all roadmaster towing equipment. Falcon all terrain tow bar and removeable brackets and an invisibrake. Worked out really well and fairly easy to work on. If you have any questions let me know. I can direct you to grommet locations and such.

onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:24 AM   #4
Towed a 2012 Fiat 500 Sport, 5-Speed Stick for the last 3 Years. Aprox. 4000 Miles.
Never a Problem. Used Road Master Base Plate and Tow Bar. I went with the Ready Brake System because it was Reasonable and their was Not Any Electric Components to cause Problems.
Enjoyed Towing and Driving this Fiat.
I Just Listed My Fiat in the Classified Section. Check it Out. Buyer able to Purchase a Complete Toad, Hook Up in Ten Minutes and Drive Down the HYW. Safely.
GOOD LUCK Rewingjack
Redwingjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:09 PM   #5
You may want to consider a different car. The statistics quoted by one of the major reviewers rate the Fiat "the most unreliable car on sale in the US". I'm sure many people disagree, but a neighbor of ours certainly agrees. He sold his after 6 months' ownership.
Frank Damp -Anacortes, WA,(DW- Eileen)
ex-pat Brits (1968) and now ex-RVers, as of 08 Dec 14.
frankdamp is offline   Reply With Quote