Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #15
DFR

Evergreen Owners Club
I hook everything up, get in the toad, lightly apply brakes and the DW pulls the coach ahead 8-10 feet while I steer the toad left/right till arms are locked.

340 RK
DFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #16

I checked and the arms were locked. I thought the levers should have both been stiff.

Completed our first trip. I did the quick turns in the MH to assure the arms were locked then got out and checked. All was well. Thanks!

Sayonara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The levers which lock the arms in place are adjustable to make sure they lock or to make them easier to unlock. You take the square plastic cap off and there is a set screw in there to adjust. I keep forgetting how and call Blue Ox to remind me just how to do it-----you can call them as well and ask. IF it will not lock I think it just needs adjusting.

I pull forward and turn the wheel while watching in my rear camera---never had it wander---usually locks right away as it should.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
I've been towing with my blue ox aventa for a year. This just happened to me today. I didn't notice that the RH lever was not up. Saw my Saturn move to the side while towing. Pulled over and had to pull hard up on the lever. Once it locked there were no more issues. I'll pay closer attention to the assure the levers are both up berfore leaving.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There are lubrication instructions in the owner's manual... Since mine just now is in storage I have not read them lately.. But I recall they are there.

Lack of proper lube is likely one of the top problems with many things.. In the case of Tow bars I'd put it in the #2 spot.

#1 spot.. backing up.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:20 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
The procedure we always use now is that DW backs the toad to lock the arms right after we hook up. That way, I can HEAR them both lock, and I can SEE them both lock.
All I've got to say is you do a great shop of centering your TOAD when approaching the RV. For me, I just get it close and, like you back until one arm locks. If they both do great, but that's rare. I then turn the TOAD's wheel toward the one that's not locked and it works perfect. I tried the procedure some use to wag the rear of the coach, but that takes too much distance.
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:51 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
There are lubrication instructions in the owner's manual... Since mine just now is in storage I have not read them lately.. But I recall they are there.

Lack of proper lube is likely one of the top problems with many things.. In the case of Tow bars I'd put it in the #2 spot.

#1 spot.. backing up.
Here is the manual with lube instructions. After reading this thread I lubed mine.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Blue Ox Manual.pdf (407.2 KB, 48 views)