Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2016, 06:10 PM   #1

Question Flat (dinghy) Tow Fiat 500 Dualogic Transmission

I've search pretty much everywhere with the exception of calling the dealer but can't seem to find the answer. I know the manual transmission can be flat towed and the automatic transmission cannot. but does anyone have information or experience on flat towing the dualogic transmission? the owner's manual only documents the automatic or manual transmission. thanks.
crazyasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2016, 07:26 PM   #2

I would suspect not. We have a 500 stick. 4 down, no problem.

2013 FleetWood Expedition 38B
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 10:13 AM   #3

according to owners manuals 2016 2015 2014 all can be flat towed with dual clutch euro transmission.....ie: automatic.
Northern Nav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 01:26 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Nav View Post
according to owners manuals 2016 2015 2014 all can be flat towed with dual clutch euro transmission.....ie: automatic.
Where in the maual are you finding that recreation tow can be done? I am looking at pages 377-379 in the 2014-2016 mauals and they are very specific about not towing four down. I was looking into buying one to tow, but may not unless you know different.
Dfreiberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:23 AM   #5

i went to Fiat usa owners manuals downloads. choose year and model etc. for example i used 2015 Fiat 500L 6 speed euro twin clutch page 299.....Flat Tow.
this is the only combo automatic trans that can be flat towed. 2014-2016. obviously any model Fiat, manual trans can be towed 4 down. any other Fiat auto trans (Aisin) cannot be flat towed. i was only interested in the 500L to tow 4 down. in the end i went in another direction.

hope this helps
Northern Nav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 03:06 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Nav View Post
To be more Specific, the 500L's can be Flat Towed with the "Euro Twin Clutch Transmission"
They seem to be the only one's with that tranny, according to the Owners Manual
Old 07-13-2016, 04:08 AM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
Spartan Chassis
Yes it can be towed.
This is from Motorhome Magazine's 2016 dingy towing guide.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	499
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	132880
DENSHER is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow, transmission