Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Flat tow 13 edge

Blur ox base plat installed. Toad pin height is 26 inches. Mh hitch height is 20 inches. Has anyone found a way to raise so toad pulls level?
2005VECTRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005VECTRA View Post
Blur ox base plat installed. Toad pin height is 26 inches. Mh hitch height is 20 inches. Has anyone found a way to raise so toad pulls level?
Take a look at BlueOx.com and you will find height adaptors to suit your situation. I use Hitchsource.com for all my towing stuff. Good people to deal with.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post

Take a look at BlueOx.com and you will find height adaptors to suit your situation. I use Hitchsource.com for all my towing stuff. Good people to deal with.
Here is the page you need.

http://www.blueox.com/baseplates.aspx?template=r
Old 04-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You should check the classified ads before purchasing.
legryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Have you looked at, on the Motorhome side, a drop down hitch adapter. We have one that dropped down 4 inches an brings the tow bar more in line with the car connections. If I see your issue the car is taller than the MH...most have just the opposite issue. Look to see if you could turn the hitch adapter upside down...raising the height of the MH hitch.
Look here for my thought: http://www.blueox.com/p-1158-droprise-receivers.aspx
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I just went through this with my Toad. Planned ahead and bought the exact wrong thing! I bought one of the Blue Ox Drop/Rise receivers. You need to check that the length of the shaft of the receiver going into your MH will allow you enough clearance for the riser to clear your rear cap.

The original one I bought had a shaft length of 6 1/2" and the riser would not clear. Had to get one with a 10" shaft so it could pin to my MH and the riser would clear my rear cap.

If you use an extension it reduces the weight rating on the receivers.

I would also check out amazon. They had the best prices and if you are a prime member you cant beat the free two day shipping.
MoHillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:07 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
I am towing a 2011 Edge. Had to get a drop down (reversed it) to level tow. When traded up to a 2013 MH, drop down would not clear bottom of rear cap. Needed extension. Drop downs are available at the box stores and most auto stores.