Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #15
I have been using a Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar for 6 years on two different motorhomes. If I had to do it again it would be a different brand. I know things wear out, but I have spent $350 in parts to repair this tow bar, the ball mount wore out and one arm had to be rebuilt even though I am a preventative maintenance fool and performed all recommended service and even had Blue Ox service it at a rally. In addition, their umbilical cords only seem to last a few years and then the insulation splits. Before I became so sour on Blue Ox I also purchased a Sport Loader for over $3000 to load my Harley into my toad which is a Dodge Dakota. I have had to replace the motor, control handle cord, and all rollers on that spending $400 on parts. In addition to all these mechanical issues, Blue Ox' powder coat is awful which necessitated repainting the Sport Loader which is stored inside my garage 8 months a year after about a year and a half and base plate on the Dakota due to peeling and rust. Calls to Blue Ox customer service were a waste of time, there was never any offer to assist only sell replacement parts at full boat retail.

I know people will disagree with me and that is fine, just answering your question and reporting my issues with Blue Ox. When I finally give up on these products I will buy almost any other brand.

MDPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
As others have said, and my personal experience with the service of Blue Ox is why I replaced the broken Blue Ox with the ReadyBrute....lifetime warranty. After towing with the Blue Ox and switching the the ReadyBrute, I can see why RB has a Full Lifetime Guarantee, it is twice the tow bar as the Blue Ox is and they are not afraid to back it up with the warranty. Blue Ox, no way!

Chuck in SW FL
A "Classic" 2014 Entegra Anthem 42RBQ
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #17

RB is huge compared to blue-ox.... maybe it is because RB is aluminum.

2014 Thor Palazzo 33.3 (Melody), Folkstone
2013 Jeep Rubicon, Ready Brute Elite & Currie Ent Baseplate
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote