Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #29

What does the owners manual say about preparing to tow?

garym114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #30
Lit

National RV Owners Club
I know this may sound silly but are you sure your pulling the correct fuse?
I would go to a different dealer and ask the service manager to physically pull it out for me, I would mark it with my marking pen that I remembered to bring along. As I said before I did this and it registered no miles on my 2500 mile trip.
Elkhartjim had a very good question you have to answer.

Lit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:15 AM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Your owners manual shows where fuse #32 is located (5amp-red). Locate the fuse, use magic marker and put a dot above fuse so you pull the correct one each time. We did this and our 2012 Equinox does not rack up the miles when we tow.
cutrell01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
I double checked the manual after we got here & I definitely pulled the right fuse. I really didn't pay attention as to whether the dash lights, etc went out. We will move again in about 10 days & I will double check that. I didn't throw the switch on the battery disconnect since I figured the fuse would do it. If it doesn't put all the dash lights, etc out, then I will also throw the battery disconnect & see what happens then. If that fuse doesn't turn everything off, then I assume something weird is going on & we'll have to take it to the dealer to figure it out.
karencollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #33

Thor Owners Club
I have a 2008 Saturn Vue. I have to pull the ignition fuse. I just purchase a switch that I'll be installing tomorrow.Simple to install and alot easier than crawling around trying to pull a fuse.
Gus & Debbie
2008 Bounder, 2012 Challenger
2001 Ultra Classic
Saturn toad
Pressur Pro
Old 05-21-2012, 05:12 AM   #34

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJHD View Post
I have a 2008 Saturn Vue. I have to pull the ignition fuse. I just purchase a switch that I'll be installing tomorrow.Simple to install and alot easier than crawling around trying to pull a fuse.
Gus & Debbie
2008 Bounder, 2012 Challenger
2001 Ultra Classic
Saturn toad
Pressur Pro
Installed a switch on my 2011 Equinox as well. Much easier than pulling the fuse. Did not buy a kit though, just bought parts and made one.
George Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
ok, we moved today- about 160 miles. We pulled fuse 32 & the door still dinged & the dash lights stayed on & the N light was on too. We also then used the battery disconnect & that put them all out. We still recorded 61 miles on the car!!! I think our next stop is a chevy dealer to see what's going on with that fuse
Old 05-30-2012, 07:14 AM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You pulled the car 160 miles and it recorded 61...this gets stranger by the move. Please post back what the dealer has to say.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #37

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Still trying to figure out how the computer is getting power with the battery disconnect open. Some type of energy source I haven't seen or are you powering the toad from the MH? Just my two cents...
teddyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've just re-read this complete thread.

Does your braking system require power? If its a Brake Buddy, you've got to be getting power for it to operate and with a disconnect switch that will (should) kill power to everything. The odometer cannot operate without power. You have to be getting power feed back from somewhere. You also say that when you pull the number 32 fuse the ding, the dash lights and shifter light stay on; are you positive you're pulling the correct fuse? On my Malibu, the diagram on the inside of the kick panel is a mirror image and it took me a while to locate the correct fuse the first time.

If the lights are staying on when you pull what you think is the correct fuse, re-install the fuse and keep pulling fuses until the lights go off. Of course to add even more confusion, you only added 60 miles in a 160 mile trip this last time.

BTW, you don't need to wait until the next time you hook up and move. Try it the next time you get in the car to go anywhere. I would be out there day and night until I figured this thing out. But I'm like that...
Old 06-01-2012, 08:33 PM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
First, let me start by thanking all of you for your input. Today we went to the Chevy dealer in town. I really feel stupid then I tell you what we found out. We were turning the key 1 click after shutting down & putting it in N, when at that point it already was in the position it should have been. We still don't understand why it recorded any mileage (& only part of it) when we disconnected the battery, but hopefully this will resolve the issue. We will move again on the 7th, so hopefully we won't record any more miles. Will let you know for sure.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:41 AM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Well folks, we moved a few days ago & 0 miles on the car. I can't believe we were putting it in the wrong position. I'm so thankful we got it taken care of, it was driving us crazy. Thanks to all of you for your ideas & suggestions. I love this forum!
Old 06-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Just bought the GMC twin the Terrain the manual states pull mini fuse #-32 (discreet logic fuse) Have not towed it yet just getting base plate installed but it is my understanding the mileage will not register by pulling this fuse and also if the fuse is not pulled you can damage the transmission
Old 06-14-2012, 08:14 AM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsc View Post
Just bought the GMC twin the Terrain the manual states pull mini fuse #-32 (discreet logic fuse) Have not towed it yet just getting base plate installed but it is my understanding the mileage will not register by pulling this fuse and also if the fuse is not pulled you can damage the transmission
I have never heard the part about damaging the transmission if the fuse is not pulled, but it would be nice to hear from an expert on this issue.

Tags
towing