Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-06-2006, 07:18 PM   #15

I just bought my second GMC Envoy 4x4. I have been very happy with the vehicle in general and the ease with which it sets up for towing.

2005 40FDTS/#75220
2006 GMC Envoy toad
htg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2006, 04:29 AM   #16
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by htg3:
I just bought my second GMC Envoy 4x4. I have been very happy with the vehicle in general and the ease with which it sets up for towing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same with the 2005 Trailblazer I pull, but I'd certainly give the CRD a hard look if I was fulltiming with a diesel pusher...One pump for both vehicles...

rebelsbeach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:40 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

We've towed both the Grand Cherokee and the Wrangler (although only one at a time ) all over. Jeeps are perfect for towing. Just keep the transmission in park, unlock the steering wheel one click, and slide the transfer case into neutral. You can get a dummy key, without the digital security feature, that will let you unlock the wheel while not allowing the vehicle to start.

We had a friend who forgot to unlock the wheel once and towed his GC a couple of hundred miles with no damage to the Jeep. They are tough and will let you go anywhere you want to go.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:53 AM   #18
Administrator Emeritus

I know this won't help Kent with that Spartan chassis,but members of the Freightliner Owners Club get a special discount on Daimler CHrysler products.One percent UNDER invoice...Details HERE
rebelsbeach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:58 AM   #19

I tow a '04 Chevy Colorado 4x4 Crew Cab.One thing I like about it is the steering wheel does not lock when you turn the switch off (you don't have to leave a key in the switch). I have been towing mine for two years now with no problems.And by the way you don't rack up miles while towing either.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:27 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
I've towed a Jeep Grand Cherokee, Saturn LW300 and now a Jeep Liberty. All have handled well. If weight were not a factor and I had a DP I'd probably tow my Avalanche.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:51 AM   #21

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We like most everything about our Liberty -

the only negative I can offer is that because it has a short wheelbase and narrow track it also has a high center of gravity. Because of this it bounces around a lot behind the coach, leading to the "tail wagging the dog" feeling.
LongGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:53 AM   #22

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Honda work fine, they write the instructions in the owners book. No brainer. No equipment to add and no fuses to pull.