Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2015, 06:37 AM   #113

Tiffin Owners Club
Finalized order on Tuesday, it was delivered Friday. I live in southern NH.
BoA36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2015, 02:13 PM   #114

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoA36 View Post
How did the delivery and setup go ?
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 03:39 PM   #115

Tiffin Owners Club
See above, slick and easy.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f85/got-m...ml#post2551635
Impressive!
BoA36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:55 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoA36 View Post
Wow that was quick .... I'm still waiting .... But it has a big ole border to cross!!

It is a Hybrid ... it burns both gas AND money!!
ttarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:46 AM   #117

My EZE Tow arrived yesterday afternoon, I quickly removed it from it's shipping crate ..... wouldn't fit thru the garage door standing up!! Looks great!!! I'll assemble it tonight ....

Old 05-20-2015, 01:23 PM   #118
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congrats on the delivery. Best luck on the set-up and feel free to ask questions of the owners here...the only dumb question is the question that is not asked.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:43 PM   #119

Ok ..... Ended up taking the day off, got the dolly all removed from the packaging, all the prices parts laid out, so I put some foam under the edges of the fenders to help with vibration, also put the bolts in upside down so I can keep an eye on the nuts, measured the hitch height, right at 15 inches, hooked up the dolly, loaded my work van ... 2012 Toyota sienna ..... It sure is a heavy sucker, so did my first shakedown run. About 12 miles to storage, so I bungy corded the end of the safety chains to the frame, the straps loosened as others have experienced , when I arrived at storage, I started the van and drove it forward a hair, no problems getting the wheels straps unhooked .... Thinking about getting some axel straps the see if that might be easier on the hooks ...... Just a thought right now, gonna throw one of the little cars on and yank it sound with the jeep to break it all in!!!
So far so good!! Could see where the brakes have been rubbing ... So they are working!!!
Old 05-23-2015, 01:40 PM   #120
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttarob View Post
Ok ..... Ended up taking the day off, got the dolly all removed from the packaging.... Thinking about getting some axel straps the see if that might be easier on the hooks ...... Just a thought...
So far so good!!!
Congrats!!

Not sure what the "axle straps" idea means, but if you do choose to use some device to replace the safety chains or augment the wheel straps, be sure that this device allows the car to slightly swing on the dolly as the car's wheels pivot during turns.

Do not make any hard connection between the car and dolly - other than the wheel straps -because this could prevent the dolly/car combo from pivoting during turns.

The EZE-Tow really a simple set-up...but it works because of principles similar to flat towing...everything need to be able to swing during a turn, or it doesn't work right.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:29 PM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Congrats!!

Not sure what the "axle straps" idea means, but if you do choose to use some device to replace the safety chains or augment the wheel straps, be sure that this device allows the car to slightly swing on the dolly as the car's wheels pivot during turns.

Do not make any hard connection between the car and dolly - other than the wheel straps -because this could prevent the dolly/car combo from pivoting during turns.

The EZE-Tow really a simple set-up...but it works because of principles similar to flat towing...everything need to be able to swing during a turn, or it doesn't work right.

Safe travels
Great advice !! Thanks!! The axel straps would be for when the van is on the dolly, as it sits on the outer clip of the strap, so that would allow the straps to move over slightly.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:33 AM   #122

Quote:
Great advice !! Thanks!! The axel straps would be for when the van is on the dolly, as it sits on the outer clip of the strap, so that would allow the straps to move over slightly.
I would like to make a suggestion. Several of us seem to be having the same problem with this latest modification to the dolly, larger tires can squish the hooks and damage them. You need to call Acme and they will send you 2 steel u-loops that you can get welded on the tow dolly. These hooks go on the vertical portion of the dolly next to the tire so that your hooks don't get damaged by the tires. I just received my new loops but haven't gotten them installed. Since I don't have a hitch on my car, I will have to get my MH out of storage, drive to my house to pickup the dolly and then take the dolly to a welder with the MH. Checked with a mobile welder and that's rather expensive so I haven't gotten the loops installed yet.
rvpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:48 AM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpusher View Post
I would like to make a suggestion. Several of us seem to be having the same problem with this latest modification to the dolly, larger tires can squish the hooks and damage them. You need to call Acme and they will send you 2 steel u-loops that you can get welded on the tow dolly. These hooks go on the vertical portion of the dolly next to the tire so that your hooks don't get damaged by the tires. I just received my new loops but haven't gotten them installed. Since I don't have a hitch on my car, I will have to get my MH out of storage, drive to my house to pickup the dolly and then take the dolly to a welder with the MH. Checked with a mobile welder and that's rather expensive so I haven't gotten the loops installed yet.
How big are these "loops"? Will they interfere with the dolly being stored standing up? I haven't tried hauling one of the other cars, but I know the "van" was an issue with the hooks, but I won't be hauling it very often, guess I'll have to throw one of the cars on and see what happens!!
Thanks for he heads up!!

Old 05-24-2015, 11:23 AM   #124

Here's the picture that Acme sent me showing the solution to our problem. As long as you position the loop so it doesn't stick out further than the black metal piece shown on the picture, you should be able to stand it up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Extra Tie Loop.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	95108  
rvpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 06:40 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpusher View Post
Here's the picture that Acme sent me showing the solution to our problem. As long as you position the loop so it doesn't stick out further than the black metal piece shown on the picture, you should be able to stand it up.
That looks like it just be the ticket!! seeing that the cars are narrow I'll be towing, I don't think I'll have that problem, yes with the Sienna but I'll deal with that as it comes!!
Today I registered the dolly ... Yes we require license plates on all things with wheels it seems!!
Well all that go on the paved roads here!

Old 05-31-2015, 08:38 AM   #126

Quote:
That looks like it just be the ticket!! seeing that the cars are narrow I'll be towing, I don't think I'll have that problem, yes with the Sienna but I'll deal with that as it comes!!
Today I registered the dolly ... Yes we require license plates on all things with wheels it seems!!
Well all that go on the paved roads here!
I could not find a decent place to mount my plate without it getting damaged. It would be nice if the plate was not regular sized. I would be open to some ideas that I am not maybe seeing. My mounting place did not work out and I carry it in a bin and would wire it on for transport with out the car.
Dougsee3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow