Thanks to those who directed me to a solution that keeps the toad battery from going dead. One thing about being new on these boards is that sometimes you don't know that the subject has already been addressed and you just have to refine your searches.
Anyhow the toad battery maintainer is installed and has tested adequate. Since my connector charge wire is in use to power the Remco lube pump, I had to use a slightly different method. Actually, I just tapped the line going to the pump and installed the maintainer between it and the battery.
While I was working, I performed a number of measurements using a DC current meter. The SMI Duo Stay-In-Play braking system draws 11.5 amps with the pump running (pulled the brake-away switch to verify that). No wonder I ran the battery down when I was in heavy stop and go traffic. The Remco lube pumps draws a continuous 1.5 amps when running. It draws from the motor home thru the connector charge wire.
With the motor home disconnected I measured no reverse flow from the toad battery, so the diode in the maintainer is working. This was a concern to me because any reverse current would discharge thru the Remco lube pump when the toad was disconnected and parked. With the motor home connected and running, I measured about 5.5 amps charging current going into the toad battery. The maintainer can not pass more than 10 amps (current limited). I probably should have checked the voltage, but the motor home alternator is regulated to 14.5 volts max. I see no problem with over charging the toad.
With the short duty cycle of the braking system (only operates when braking from speeds of 20 or higher unless it's a hard stop), I should have plenty of current available to keep the toad battery fully charged and don't believe I'll burn up any wiring. Case closed unless the maintainer fails on me.