Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:46 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by crslls View Post
You are lucky you do not own a Ford. They told Remco that they would not warrenty unless they sold and installed thr pump so Remco will not sell the pump to the general public only Ford. Ford bumped the price to 2,000 installation was 1,400 overnight shiping 300. Best bet is do your research befor buying and do not buy a Ford.
Me thinks you need to find another Ford dealer. Sounds like that one don't want to be bothered by towing headaches. Our dealer went out of their way to get us set up.

Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #16

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5xhappy View Post
Mr._D
We are getting ready to equip our 2003 Honda Odyssey to tow behind our 31' Sunseeker (Class C).
We've heard horror stories about towing Ody's but it's what we have to work with! We have to tow 4 down in consideration of the cargo weight of the RV (and our 5 kids).
Any advice/hints to make this work out right?!
Thanks!
Stacey
Your Odyssey has the same powertrain as my Pilot.

I don't know what horror stories you've heard, but the Hondas are excellent toads. The thing is, Honda has a very specific procedure that MUST be followed to prepare the transmission for towing, each and every time you prepare to tow. If the procedure is not followed precisely, it will destroy the transmission.

Canada, eh?
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkate View Post
Your Odyssey has the same powertrain as my Pilot.

I don't know what horror stories you've heard, but the Hondas are excellent toads. The thing is, Honda has a very specific procedure that MUST be followed to prepare the transmission for towing, each and every time you prepare to tow. If the procedure is not followed precisely, it will destroy the transmission.
We were actually going to get rid of the Odyssey about 1 1/2 years ago after the 4th transmission (I mean, seriously?!) as they never actually rebuilt it as we were told and then the company went out of business. But after some finagling we got the parent company to have a "do over" and put in yet another rebuilt tranny. It has since been running well. Meanwhile we already bought a new Sienna!
But I digress......I know that my husband has done due diligence re: using it as a Toad. (right honey?) I am just not super enthusiastic about towing a van. But with 4 young kids we essentially have no choice.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #18

We have a 38' MH and tow a Jeep Wrangler and I find if I use the Jeep to push the MH the MH gets great gas millage 45 to 50 mpg, however the Jeep gas millage goes way way down. Still trying to figure out which way to go.