Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-27-2005, 07:23 AM   #1

Has anyone ever hauled a motorcycle(dirt bike <300#'s) on the back of their motorhome(class A)and been able to tow a toad as well? I have a Blue Ox Alladin bar and would like to take along my bike as well. I have done it in the past by putting it on a rack on the back of the toad but it's kind of inconvenient to load/unload all the time so you can drive the toad around when travelling.

PbdBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2005, 07:23 AM   #2

Has anyone ever hauled a motorcycle(dirt bike &lt;300#'s) on the back of their motorhome(class A)and been able to tow a toad as well? I have a Blue Ox Alladin bar and would like to take along my bike as well. I have done it in the past by putting it on a rack on the back of the toad but it's kind of inconvenient to load/unload all the time so you can drive the toad around when travelling.

PbdBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 01:03 PM   #3
PDB

Yes, I am doing that.
I have a 325lb 250cc Kymco Grand Vista scooter that I carry on a Tilt-a-rack carrier mounted on my MH receiver.
I have another receiver welded to the end of the carrier stinger where I have my Blue Ox Adventa II mounted, and I tow a Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Let me know if I can help.
Paul

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd
PDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 01:45 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
First off, welcome to iRV2
I'm sure you will get alot of good information here. There are motorcycle carriers in our "store" at www.rvupgrade.com under the blue ox category. I dont know what kind of rig you have, but I presume that you have at least a 500lb. hitch weight receiver on it. I dont know off hand how much the carriers weigh, but I would think you would be ok if your bike is less than 300lbs.
I'm sure others will be able to help you out also.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:17 AM   #5

My buddy got one from our dealer it's a blue ox and will handle any size bike and you can still tow a car.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:23 PM   #6

Pbd Blue, not to get smart with you or other posters; but, this is exactly what led us to consider an enclosed trailer. We had towed a '99 Blazer 4 down for 5 and 1/2 years with a Roadmaster 5250 tow bar and a Brake Buddy. We eventually got 2 electric assist bicycles and at fist tried a bike rack on rear of toad and they blocked tailights, etc. Next we went with a double tow hitch from Northern Tool and put them between MH and toad. These bikes are heavy and that method was a PITA. Finally, this past Dec. we bit the bullet and got a 20'enclosed trailer that handles car, bikes and more. If trailer is hooked up loading the car is faster than 4 down and I am out of the weather, everything arrives clean, we can back up and have full electric brakes on the trailer. It is early yet; but, I doubt we will ever go back to 4 down, good luck however you elect to proceed, Ken Roberts,'04 DSDP...