Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
help! w/ toad lights

OK - hooking up for the first time- went to check the toad for brake lights and turn signals and there is nothing. I have no clue what to check first-
any help is appreciated - we are leaving in a few hours!!

thanks
SMRDNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2013, 09:17 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would check your outlet at the rear of the motorhome first to be sure you have power there. What braking system are you using? When you brake the system you have should apply enough pressure to activate your brake lights. With the toad attached are your brake lights on the motorhome visible?? If they are then you should be good to go for turn signal and braking needs. If people can't see that they needn't be on the road. You may check the states your driving thru but MI doesn't require lights on the vehicle being towed as long as the lights on the primary vehicle are not obstructed.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
there is no power at the 7 pin connection at the motorhome - used my multi meter- do you know where the fuses might be LOL
Old 04-26-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
Community Administrator

Fleetwood is open and can tell you where that fuse is. 800-322-8216. Also , pm me if you would like this moved to the toad and Motorhome towing forum where you will reach a wider group of members.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
quick question- I know I can check trailer lights on the truck with the ignition on and no engine running- is this the same on the MH or does the engine need to be running?
thanks
Old 04-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #6

I had the same problem, I installed the jeep plug & play wiring harness, plugged it in to a test vehicle it worked fine. Plugged the 7 pin connector into the MH nothing, I had previously towed a utility trailer behind the MH with a 4 pin connector, using a 4 to 7 connector it worked fine. Then I found there was no power to the MH 7 pin connector, added a power line it all works fine now.
Larry Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:15 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
when I checked the fuses they were both blown, I replaced them and test with my multi meter and they worked- this weekend I will pull the MH out and hook up the car to make sure everything works- hopefully that will be the end of it. LOL
Old 05-01-2013, 01:29 AM   #8
Community Administrator

Thanks for the update. Glad you found those fuses. Where were they ?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights, toad