Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:46 AM   #43

That's the harness that I have. drilled a small hole in the firewall as per the instructions but it needed to be a little larger, hard to get the grommet installed that I had.
plugged it up and everything worked. No reprogram. Brake lights, tail lights , signal lights, flashers all work.

Bill Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2014, 07:53 AM   #44
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by Peterrrr View Post
Not sure what you mean here? If you drive the toad that is hooked up with the ready brake cable, using the toads brakes moves the cable within the brake cable housing. Have not had any problems with a seizing cable on my toads, and I usually only tow them 6 months of the year. Drive them the rest of the year.
Just noticed your reply/question.

I have had reports of that cable sizing, I have had problems with cables like it (Parking brake, shifter cables on my Bicycle, all the same cable) if not used often.

I suspect that the install may make a difference in your case the brake arm bracket is directly in line with the sleeve end and it can push the cable in, if it's off a bit the cable may "Fold" instead of being pushed through the sleeve.

In my case.. When I get to the point of installing (Likely a year or two from now) I will be towing every 1-2 weeks so I expect no problems.. Just now I can not tow... Car is all set for towing (Save brakes) motor home has everything it needs to tow save for a motor, and that will take 1-2 years to replace if predictions hold.

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:57 PM   #45
Project complete

Thanks for all the advise about my
jeep Towing

Ready Brute elite
With cool tech harness and ready brake were installed and the first trip the Bodega Bay went fine.

Cool tech was
Pretty simple install over the Mopar

Redsoxfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

tow, towing