Originally Posted by bevo7
Do I need to leave key in and disconnect neg. terminal on battery?
2015 Newmar 3401 BayStar
No, you do not have to leave the key in or disconnect the battery.
Here is my "mental checklist" for my Wrangler.
1) Attach tow bar, safety chains, lights and break-away cable
2) Jeep in reverse and back up slightly to engage tow bar latch
3) Trans in neutral and shift transfer case to neutral
4) Trans back to Drive, then Reverse and rev engine to confirm transfer case is in neutral
5) Kill the engine and put trans in Park (don't put in park while running or it will grind)
6) Put keys in pocket (08 and newer don't have steering lock)
7) Setup the RVI2 brake system (takes 60 seconds)
8) Check lights and inspect hookup and ready to go
I do not set the parking brake when hooking up to avoid the chance of leaving it engaged.
1) Remove RVI2 braking system
2) Set parking brake to keep from rolling
3) Disconnect tow bar, lights, etc.
4) Start engine and put trans in neutral
5) Shift transfer case to 4hi, trans back to Park
6) Good to go