Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #1

HHR towing - problem with lights

While hooking up the toad today with even brake i had tail lights but no blinker or flasher. It has a flat and 7 round pin on rear so i hooked to flat pin. Could it need the adaptor flat to round maybe as a solution. I think the 7 pin is original to coach. Allegro bay 38tdb. Control inside says ready to tow

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2013, 08:12 AM   #2

Which wiring plug you use depends on what is required. The 4-pin flat connector is for basic tail, turn and brake lights on a trailer. The 7-pin round connector has more capability, like an electrical "hot" that can charge trailer batteries from the motor home.
You can find wiring diagrams on the web that tell you how each is wired. You can either use a multimeter or buy plug-in testers with LED lights that tell you what's not working.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #3

I tried again by using either 4 pin flat and 7 pin round with adaptor. Same results. Only have tail lights but no brake or turn signal. I may just have to run as is since i leave tomorrow
Old 06-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
If this is a new to you coach and toad, there could be numerous ways that the plugs could be wired. Unless you wired it yourself and know what your doing or had it wired by a competent technician, it's pretty much anybodies guess as to whats wrong. Maybe you just have a blown fuse.

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbeau54 View Post
I tried again by using either 4 pin flat and 7 pin round with adaptor. Same results. Only have tail lights but no brake or turn signal. I may just have to run as is since i leave tomorrow
Have you towed this car before without these problems?

The turn signals and brake lights on the HHR use a different filament in the bulb.

Are both the left and right side not working?

May need a new bulb in the HHR. Check your fuses under the engine as well as next to the passenger seat console.

Good luck
Old 06-03-2013, 10:28 PM   #6

Its the first time towing. I tried to id which fuse were brake and turn but could not id at first glance. the even brake says its hooked up right,just no signals. Even control compressor on car floor has green light but the red light on rear of sending unit for toad wont illuminate either Im hoping it may be a fuse on MH maybe that sends signal to toad. All new and still learning at every turn

Tags
towing, lights