Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2015, 04:43 AM   #1

Hitching up the trailer

Heading our on our first class A trip this weekend, will be towing our enclosed trailer with are bikes.

I noticed my rear view camera does not have the hitch in its view. Don't appear I can adjust the camera. Looks rigid monted. My wife is not very good at the directions thing, so I am on my own.

How are those of you who do this accomplishing this? I see some systems you can buy to facilitate this. Or do you just ease it in, by walking back there 5-6 times?

Trailer is too heavy to move around, 20' enclosed with 2-300 lbs of hitch weight empty.

Thanks, Lloyd
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2015, 09:17 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I have the same problem with my setup. With the trailer connected, I made a couple of small dots on the monitor that line up with points on the trailer tongue. Now I use those marks for line up instead of the ball. It works pretty good unless I have to connect at an angle.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:25 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have you tried switching rolls with your wife and let her drive while you give directions? My wife had a hard time understanding that if she couldn't see me in the mirrors it also meant I couldn't see her, until we switched and then she knew what I was talking about.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:08 PM   #4

I have not tried switching, not sure that would work for us. She just don't get the entire thing. Guides me into a spot, waves, points etc... then I get out and she says "it would be better if you were over that way 5' more" LOL

Then I say, I am where you put tme,,, and the vacation goes all wrong...

I like the dot on screen idea, hadn't thought about that, good idea.

L.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:32 PM   #5

I give up and do the walking back and forth thing.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:49 PM   #6

We have wireless headsets with mics ... we can talk back & forth ... Jackie does a great job of telling me where I am ... it has worked great for us ....... #justsayin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:06 PM   #7

You may want to try walkie talkie's so she can actually tell you where to go!!!