Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #1

honda cr-v

I am thinking about purchasing a 03/04 CRV. Most have over 100,000 miles. I am looking for cheap toad and dependable transportation. Does anyone know what the max. mileage would be without a lot of repair cost. I'm a little older now and alway thought that a car with 100,000 miles was ready for the junk yard. Is this still true? Any first hand knowledge of older CR-V. Thanks for any help.
stevep220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2010, 09:35 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
My sister-in-law had one until just recently when she replaced it with a new CR-V. I don't recall the exact mileage, but it had well over 100K miles. She had it since it was new and other than routine maintenance, never had any problems. I would bet it they were maintained thay could easily go 200K or more, so I hould feel perfectly comfortable with a good condition CR-V with only 100K on the odometer. As with any used vehicle purchase, it would be worth the time and money to have a reputable mechanic give it a good going over before commiting to a purchase! Good luck...
Gotta_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ours just turned 200K no significant issues however YMMV
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:46 PM   #4

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Honda or non Honda, previous maintenance should play the biggest part in your choice of a used toad.
Personally of the many Honda's I have owned (including CRV) 100,000 miles was no where near trade time.
Go for it after you have confirmed the maintenance.....
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote