Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:32 AM   #15
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by ewg1022 View Post
Thinking of moving up yo a 16 Honda CR-V, but having a problem finding a faceplate. Any suggestions on finding a good aftermarket faceplate?

Ed, as others have said, you need a 2014 or earlier CRV to to 4-down.

I have a 2013 CRV and I used the Roadmaster baseplate on it. I like the fairly "clean" look I have when not towing!

Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2015, 02:56 PM   #16
It isn’t my intent to cause any controversy to this discussion, but let me describe the results I’ve had with these problems.

I purchased a Demco tow bar to replace a Roadmaster All Terrine Falcon because of a failure of the Falcon locking system. I must say I bought the Demco on price alone.

Over the years I have used Road Master tow bars, and disconnecting has always been a problem if conditions were not just right.

When the new Demco gave problems with disconnecting, I connected Demco and talked with their executive vice president about the problem. He was so concerned that he sent a service tech several hundred miles to instruct me how to remove all problems with disconnecting.

After my instruction from the tech, there are no problems with disconnecting from a Demco tow bar at any angle, vertical or horizontal. Read correctly, No Problems!

To begin with, The Denmar is unique in that each tow bar arm is independently supported. You can connect or disconnect each tow bar arm and store it independently. There is no issue with one disconnected tow bar arm putting pressure on the other tow bar arm. That is an advantage you can’t appreciate until you do the work. It is great.

With these advantages, binding with a Denmar tow bar are much less than other tow bars.

Now how to remove any bind problems on disconnect:

1. After stopping the MH and Towed, put toad gear shift in “D: and allow toad to creek forward as far as it allows.

2. While toad transmission is still in “D:, set parking brake. Important! Set parking brake before moving transmission to Park. I made the mistake of setting transmission in Park first. The problem with this is that there is slop in these gears, and you will not obtain a complete stop of movement on the tow bar if you use Park before the parking brake.

3. Put toad transmission in Park.

4. Release tow bar arm lock on both tow bar arms, disconnect first tow bar arm and stow that tow bar arm.

5. Unless there is still resistance on the second tow bar arm, just release it and stow it. If it is still tight. Put the toed in “D” and move forward a fraction of an inch. The second tow bar arm will now be able to be unlocked by its unlock release.

Put it all away and have a good beer!
Good Luck

Wil Andrews
2007 Newmar Kountry Star DP
Cummins ISL, Cummins E-Brake
wil01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 04:24 PM   #17

Much said about nothing. IMHO, all this equipment is good. Personally, I am a Blueox user and it performs great. As with any product, you need to use as designed.

Dennis & Carol
2003, 4006, 41' DutchStar, Spartan, ISC 8.3L W/BanksPower - 2013 Honda CRV, BlueOx Baseplate, Aventa Bar & Patriot Brake. And the 04 Bird, Sunshine Car.
dennis45 is online now   Reply With Quote

ace, honda