Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2010, 05:32 PM   #15

I would love one. But my mother-in-law owns one and I can use it for $0000 so why not.
caymandave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2010, 08:21 PM   #16

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Many miles towed with our 2007 CRV with Blue Ox gear.

As stated before, follow owners manual step by step instructions. Also make sure all accessories are turned off as you need to leave the key switch in the unlocked position. Radio and AC/heater fan will continue to run unless you turn them off.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:58 AM   #17

I gues if the people in OHIO built a car that answered all the same questions I would listen to them. This is off the subject but I believe the only reason that Honda and Nissan are in the market is because the Detroit guys let them in by not producing a car that answered the questions and ideas.
Thanks for the info.
caymandave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:04 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonK View Post
towed our 2010 AWD CRV 5442 miles. . --- The only problem we encountered was our battery going dead quite often. Obviously the Honda draws more current than the Saturn did in the same conditions

Ron K.
We just purchased a 2010 AWD CRV EX-L and had the same problem twice with the battery going dead. I made sure I had the AC, radio, heated seats, automatic head lights off but still had a dead battery. I thought you didn't have to pull any fuses on a CRV.

I read this article about how they ship new CRV's and wondered if anyone pulls these fuses (#22 and 23). Here's the quote from the article: "To prevent battery drain during shipping, the No. 22 (7.5 A) fuse (Interior lights)and the No. 23 (10 A) fuse (Backup) are removed from the under-hood fuse/relay box and stored in the glove box. Reinstalled these fuses."
enjoyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:56 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
I have an 09 CRV that I just towed from Washington State to Key West. Has been excellent. Just follow manufactures (simple) pre-tow instructions. For extended towing I do remove fuse #23. I use a Roadmaster towbar, Air Force ONE Brake system, and light hook-up. Takes 10 minutes or less and I'm on the road. I would not recommend a ford Escape. Been their, done that.
Dick1142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:58 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We tow a 2004 CRV. Love it. We follow owners manual procedures to the letter -- and I installed a wire from coach batteries, through the hook up, to the Honda battery to keep it trickle charged when hooked up. Have never had a battery problem with the Honda. Starts up every time.
j griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:27 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Just installed my 2010 CRV in December and love it after towing 4k miles. My battery will die if I don't stop every 4 hrs. or so and charge while I take a 10 minute walk. I've tried pulling Fuse #34 as recomended but I need a 12v plug for brake system. I will just have to add a trickle charge as mentioned above, but overall, love the CRV.

Bill
Old 04-01-2010, 11:50 AM   #22

so what does AWD really mean - I mean can you go anywhere a jeep wrangler can go? Does AWD equate to four wheel drive? What does it really mean and how does it perform off the road? I too am considering getting one of these as a toad but am unsure if it will meet my needs.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
My Honda CR-V says: 4WD

Honda's Real Time 4WD system on the CR-V utilizes a Dual hydraulic Pump Rear Differential and 4WD Transfer case. The dual pump rear differental operates the front wheels during normal conditions then automatically transfers power to the rear wheels when needed, without the driver engaging the system. To allow the ABS braking system to work when the CR-V is engaged in four-wheel drive operation, the 4WD will turn off if the brakes are applied.

Interesting, the shop told me the rear diff is a clutch system that engages as needed to apply drive power to the rear wheels when slippage occurs on the front.

My Ford F350 4x4 truck is a true 4x4 vehicle that engages ALL four wheels (All the time) with a switch.

Honda owner's manual for 2006 CR-V says pull fuse #18 to prevent battery drain. It's the front electronics (i.e. Radio) that stay on.
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:16 PM   #24

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick1142 View Post
..... I would not recommend a ford Escape. Been their, done that.
why is this?
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:31 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
To permit the steering wheel from locking up (Wheels must be free to turn), the key must be in the #1 position; however, that position is also the accessory position.
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote